My Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis are quick and easy to make. They will look amazing on your Thanksgiving dessert table and can be modified to fit into your way of eating!
Vegan Pumpkin Bread All Year Long!
But these little cakes would be at home at your Thanksgiving dessert buffet, a Magical Creatures party, or just with a nice cup of hot chocolate while you sit in front of the fire.
I love pumpkin and encourage you to stock up on cans of organic pumpkin while they are plentiful. Be sure to check for sales after Thanksgiving too.
Can I Make Pumpkin Puree From Whole Pie Pumpkins?
After Tday you may even be able to find a sale on whole pie pumpkins. These are the small pumpkins and not the ones that use you to carve for Halloween.
You can cook as many as you want to make your own pumpkin puree and then freeze it in 1 1/2 cup portions. Click that link to get the step by step instructions on how to make your own pumpkin puree.
Is Homemade Pumpkin Puree the Same Texture As Canned?
Now that’s a great question! Depending on how you cook your pumpkin, your puree could be thinner than you are used to seeing in cans.
You can adjust the amount of water or liquid down in your recipe to account for it. Or you can strain some of the liquid our through a fine mesh strainer.
Can I Freeze Homemade Pumpkin Puree?
That’s the best part about DIY pumpkin puree – freezing it and using it all year long! I freeze some in ice cube trays and then transfer to a ziplock bag so I can grab some to sub for oil in baking.
The rest I freeze in 1 1/2 cup portions which equals the amount in one can.
Can I Make this Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Gluten-Free?
Since blends vary in thickness and texture you may have to adjust the amount a little by either adding a little more flour or liquid.
How Can I Make These Oil-Free?
Just substitute applesauce or additional pumpkin puree for the oil. Just realize that made oil-free they will dry out faster and be best the day they are made.
What Can I Use in Place of the Brown Sugar?
You can always use the sweetener of your choice to taste. The trick is to taste the batter as you add it to find out how much is just the right amount.
Since this is vegan you can taste the raw batter. Depending if you are subbing a liquid or dry sweetener you may have to adjust the flour and liquid amounts in your recipe.
Looking for More Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes?
Here are some of my favorites:
- Vegan Thanksgiving Casserole and Gravy
- Easy Thanksgiving Dinner for Two
- Vegan Slow Cooker Veggie Loaf
- Holiday Sweet Potato Casserole
- Thanksgiving Potato Stuffing Balls with a Cranberry Center
- Gluten-free Vegan Teff Stuffing with Roasted Butternut Squash
- Creamy Vegan Greens
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pureed pumpkin, about 1-15 ounce can
- 1/2 cup mild oil, or substitute applesauce or extra pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put muffin liners in a 12 muffin pan. or oil your mini pumpkin pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Mix the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl and then pour the wet ingredients in the dry.
- Mix thoroughly and divide the batter to fill 24 muffins or mini pumpkins.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition InformationYield 24
Amount Per Serving Calories 211Saturated Fat 1gSodium 177mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 3gSugar 18gProtein 4g
More pumpkin recipes for you to try:
- Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust
- Pumpkin Cranberry Dog Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread with No Added Oil
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake – No Ice Cream Needed!