Now that Halloween is over, we quickly move into the “official holiday season”. I have to say that I have no love for stores putting up Christmas trees and decorations before the leaves start to change color. I’m just not ready for the December holidays, but this Gluten-free Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust is perfect for dinner tonight or for your big Thanksgiving celebration.
The teff crust is more delicate than a traditional pie crust, so I pat it into a disk and then spread it over the pie pan with my hands. Be sure to oil your pan or you will find it stuck everywhere you press!
I added some pecans to the crust for a flavor boost and because I love pecans with pumpkin. The filling is a little darker than some pumpkin pies due to the molasses. Even though you are adding just a touch it really compliments the spices and makes it just right!
More pumpkin recipes for you to try:
- Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis
- Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Cranberry Dog Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread with No Added Oil
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake – No Ice Cream Needed!