It’s super important to know how to properly handle and maintain our kitchen appliances – even their accessories, like Ninja Creami pints, to extend their lifespan and keep your kitchen safe.
What are Ninja Creami Pints Anyhow?
These are the thick, hard plastic ice cream container that you use to freeze and spin your ice cream in when you use the Ninja Creami.
They all have special bottoms to fit into the outer container and they help from the bottom from freezing into a larger solid block.
Are Ninja Creami Pints Microwave Safe?
The Ninja Creami pints can go in a microwave, according to Ninja. But you should NEVER microwave your Ninja Creami pint longer than 8 minutes or heat up food in them.
There are other knock-off pints around now that work great in the freezer and the Creami, but I would not trust the plastic composition to heat it up. But that’s just me, you do you!
Pros of Microwaving a Ninja Creami Pint
- Put in the microwave for 10 – 20 seconds can get rid of that pesky ice wall.
- If your freeze is super cold and your pint doesn’t soften being on the counter for 20 + minutes, microwaving can save a ton of time.
Cons of Microwaving a Ninja Creami Pint
- You may make the mixture too soft to spin if you microwave it too long.
- Attempting to microwave them could lead to warping or changing the shape so it won’t fit in your Ninja Creami ice cream maker.
- When plastic is heated in a microwave, it may leach harmful chemicals into the food.
How Do I Defrost My Ninja Creami Pints?
I suggest leaving out 15 – 20 minutes on your counter to let the mixture soften before you spin in your Ninja Creami.
If your freezer is very cold you can run the outside of the pint under warm water, or microwave it for 10 seconds at a time to be on the safe side.
Is My Ice Cream Powdery Because It’s Too Cold?
That is one reason that your ice cream may be crumbly or powdery. If that’s the case a couple of respins will do the trick.
It could be because your mixture was a little dry, it sat in the freezer for over a week, or your mixture contained more water.
What’s the Best Way to Care for My Ninja Creami Pints?
You can wash the pints and lid in the top rack of your dishwasher, but I find that plastic lasts longer with handwashing.
I compromise and pop them into the dishwasher if I made a pint that leaves a lot of reside or about 1 time a month.
Ninja Creami Recipes to Try
- Get the Only Whole Food Plant-Based Ninja Creami e-Cookbook
- Ninja Creami Cherry Ice Cream
- Plant-Based Cantaloupe Ice Cream Recipe
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Sorbet
- Lemon Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- Blueberry Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream: Vegan Ninja Creami Recipe
- Healthy Ninja Creami Dole Whip Recipe
- Plant-based London Fog Ice Cream: A Healthy Ninja Creami Recipe
- Ninja Creami Creamiccino Recipe with Options for Other Models
- Ninja Creami: Review & Step-by-Step Instructions