Make my Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal and have breakfast for every morning of the week ready in minutes!
This is a Larger Recipe
This recipe for Instant Pot Vegan Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal makes a ton. It’s a departure from my usual recipes for two servings. You actually get 6 to 8 servings – enough to make once and grab breakfast from the fridge or freezer all week long.
Can I Make This in a Slow Cooker?
Looking for my older recipe for Pumpkin Coffeecake Oats that uses a small slow cooker? Don’t panic, it’s not gone and you can find it right here.
One of the things I love about my Instant Pot is that I can make large or small amounts in it. You can go to my recipe for Earl Grey Oatmeal for 2 made in the Instant Pot if you don’t want to make a large batch.
What Sweetener Do You Use in this Recipe?
This oatmeal is actually not cooked with any sweetener. If you know that you’d like to sweeten the whole batch at one time stir in the cinnamon and sweetener before you divide out the oats into servings sizes. Then just top with some chopped nuts before you freeze them.
How Do You Like Your Oats?
Let me know in the comments if you prefer to make a week’s worth of oats ahead of time or if you’d rather make them every day. Also if you like your steel-cut oats super chewy or not!
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try
- Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust
- Pumpkin Cranberry Dog Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread with No Added Oil
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake – No Ice Cream Needed!
Instant Pot Vegan Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
Instant Pot Ingredients:
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree or 1 15 oz can
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Coffee Cake Topping
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Add all the instant pot ingredients to your stainless steel insert and put it into the base. Secure the lid and make sure the valve is closed. Set on manual and cook for 3 minutes.
- While the oats are cooking, mix all the topping ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
- Once the oats are cooked, allow the pressure to come down naturally. Once the silver pressure indicator goes down you can open the lid.
- Serve sprinkled with topping and/or your favorite nondairy milk!