I hope you’ll join me in a steaming pumpkin spice latte. Mine’s made with slow cooker vegan pumpkin caramel sauce – yum! Today’s recipe blends some of the best flavors of fall into a rich sauce that makes the best coffee you may ever have. It’s also pretty awesome in a cup of tea.
Pumpkin Coffee All Around!
Not only is my pumpkin coconut caramel sauce much cheaper than your fancy coffee habit, but it’s almost as easy to make. You really just toss everything in a small 1 1/2 to 2-quart slow cooker and cook for 7 to 9 hours on low. Easy peasy!
How Do I Use Vegan Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce?
I put a tablespoon or two in my hot tea or iced coffee. It’s yummy on apple slices, in my morning oatmeal, or on top of some nice cream.
Why is My Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce Thinner than Yours?
The fat content of your coconut milk and the water in the pumpkin puree will determine on how thick or thin the sauce is. The sauce will seem very thin when you take it out of the slow cooker, but it will thicken up in the fridge.
But honestly, if your sauce isn’t very thick then there is still no need to worry because it will taste just as good.
I Don’t Like Cloves, Cinnamon, Etc.
Don’t forget that you can change the spices to suit your tastes. Leave out the cloves or triple the cardamom until it’s just the way you want it.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try
- Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust
- Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread with No Added Oil
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake – No Ice Cream Needed!
Can I Use a Different Nondairy Milk?
You can use any nondairy milk, but it will not be as rich and caramel-like without the fat in the coconut milk.
With that said with almond, oat, or other nondairy milk it will still be an amazing creamer!
Can I Use a Different Sweetener?
Again, you can use the sweetener of your choice, to taste in any of my recipes. But like the nondairy milk above, the sauce will be more creamer like and not as caramel like.
The brown sugar actually thickens the mixture as it cooks.
How Long Does Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce Last?
In the fridge it should last up to two weeks.
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- pinch cloves
- All all the ingredients to your 1½ to 2 quart slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Store in the fridge and use a few spoonfuls in your hot or iced coffee.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 39Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 9gProtein 1g