It’s time to break out my Halloween e-cookbook, The Ghoulish Gourmet: A Bewitching Collection of Vegan Halloween Recipes, and make some Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice to get in the spirit. This year you can buy it on Amazon as a Kindle book.
It has 25 original recipes and all but 4 of them have never been seen before! One of them is my favorite autumn drink – Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice. Scroll to the bottom of this post to get the recipe.
I had a blast setting up the props and taking the photos. It was almost as fun as eating…I mean making all the recipes. The photo above is a super easy Ghoulishly Green Potato Soup.
The Ghoulish Gourmet Kindle ebook can be read on your computer, iPad or phone.It costs $7.95 and you can click the buy now button to purchase.
If I were you, first I’d make the Moonlit Zucchini Mummies above. Your kids will gobble them up and ask for more veggies. Now that’s a great way to celebrate Halloween!
Homemade Pumpkin Juice
- 10 dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 7 allspice berries
- 2 - 2 inch pieces of thinly sliced ginger
- 1/2 vanilla bean split (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Soak the apricots in the water for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Add the apple juice, cinnamon stick, allspice, ginger and vanilla bean to a saucepan. Bring almost to boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Take off heat and let it cool a bit.
- Add the apricots and the soaking water to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree and nutmeg and blend again.
- Strain the apple juice mixture into the blender to make sure only the liquid comes through. Blend until smooth.
- Put a fine mesh strainer over a pitcher and strain the pulp so that only the thick juice is in the pitcher.