Everyone I know is dreaming of pumpkin spice everything or they want to punch a wall everything they hear those words. It’s a line in the sand and I fall on the everything spice side. Of course, you don’t have to drink hot coffee to pack all those fall flavors in and today I have a recipe for a frozen coffee drink.
Oddly enough, the pumpkin spice syrup at Starbucks actually has dairy in it, so if you want a pumpkin-spiced anything, making it at home is your best bet. You can get the cold brewed coffee recipe here and the recipe to make your own pumpkin puree here.
If you are a coffee hater leave it out and enjoy a pumpkin pie shake or a hot cup of pumpkin spice tea instead.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cheap-o-chino
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree make it from scratch if you want
- 1/4 cup 63ml cold brewed coffee concentrate (or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee)
- 1/4 cup 63ml vegan creamer original flavor (or extra nondairy milk)
- 1 cup 250ml unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- pinch cloves
- pinch allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- Sweetener to taste: brown sugar stevia, agave nectar, or maple syrup, etc. (I used 1 packet Nu-Stevia)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin do not leave out - it holds it together!
- 2 cups ice
- In a blender mix everything except for the sweetener, xanthan gum and ice.
- Taste and adjust sweetener as needed. Remember this is a concentrated flavor so it needs to be a little sweeter now to be just right later.
- Add xanthan gum (or pectin) and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.
- Add the ice. Depending on your blender you may have to add it ½ cup at a time. I have a really powerful one so I can blend it all in at once.
- You can add more coconut milk if it's too thick or you can add more ice if it's too thick.
More pumpkin recipes for you to try:
- Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust
- Pumpkin Cranberry Dog Cookies
- Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread with No Added Oil
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake – No Ice Cream Needed!