Did you know that the pumpkin spice syrup at Starbucks actually has dairy in it? So starbucks frozen pumpkin spice latte is NOT vegan. Last year they brought out a vegan version in Europe, but it didn’t make it to the US. That means if you want a pumpkin-spiced drink you can count on, making my Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee at home is your best bet.
Why Make Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee?
Everyone I know is in two separate pumpkin spice camps. Some, like me, are already dreaming of pumpkin spice everything. Then the other side wants to punch a wall everything they hear those words. I respect you which ever side you fall on.
Of course, you don’t have to drink a hot coffee to pack all those fall flavors in. Sometimes like now it’s a hot Indian summer instead of a sweater weather fall.
Today I have a recipe for a pumpkin spice frozen coffee so you can have your pumpkin spice and not break out into a sweat!
Is Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Syrup Vegan?
Oddly enough, the pumpkin spice syrup at Starbucks actually has dairy in it, so it is NOT vegan. Last year they brought out a vegan version in Europe, but it didn’t make it to the United States.
That means if you want a pumpkin-spiced drink you can count on, making it at home is your best bet.
So Many More Vegan Pumpkin Spice Recipes to Try!
The pumpkin spice season is just beginning and it comes in so many variations.
- Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust
- Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
How Do I Make Homemade Cold Brew Coffee?
Homemade cold brew coffee is the easiest recipe you will ever make. Pour course ground coffee into a French Press or Mason Jar, fill with water and let sit 24 to 48 hours. Strain and store in your fridge.
Can you drink cold brew concentrate straight?
You can, but it’s not a good idea. It will be too strong for most people. Usually you dilute it with water or non dairy milk or your favorite vegan creamer, like my Coconut Oat Vanilla Nut Vegan Coffee Creamer or my Cashew Almond Vegan Creamer.
Just use the amount of concentrate that make the coffee just the way you like it.
How strong is cold brew concentrate?
It’s at least 2 times and up to 4 times the strength of regular brewed coffee. So if you like to drink yours plain, add some water to it first!
Do you have to dilute cold brew coffee?
I recommend that you always dilute cold brew concentrate. Another thing you can do if you are brewing homemade coffee concentrate is to use less coffee and more water when you cold brew.
Can I Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree?
It’s easy to make your own pumpkin puree. The best pumpkin to use is the smaller pie pumpkin. There’s more flesh and the smaller size will fit into your slow cooker or Instant Pot for the easiest and cheapest pumpkin puree you can make!
Get all the info you need to make your own pumpkin puree here.
What in Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino?
1/4 cup pumpkin puree, make it from scratch if you want
1/4 cupcold brewed coffee concentrate (or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee)
1/4 cup vegan creamer original flavor (or extra nondairy milk)
1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cardamom
Sweetener of your choice, to taste
1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin, do not leave out – it holds it together!
2 cups ice
how to make homemade frozen coffee
In a blender mix everything except for the sweetener, xanthin gum and ice.
Add xanthan gum (or pectin) and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.
Add the ice. Depending on your blender you may have to add it ½ cup at a time. I have a really powerful one so I can blend it all in at once.
You can add more coconut milk if it’s too thick or you can add more ice if it’s too thick.
I Love Pumpkin Spice But I Hate Coffee!
Are Any Coffee Creamers vegan?
There are a variety of vegan coffee and tea creamers that are easy to get these days. That means you can go to your favorite grocery, Target, even Walmart to get your plant based coffee creamer.
You can find them made of soy, oats, almond, cashew, pea protein, coconut, combos, and more!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, make it from scratch if you want
- 1/4 cup 63ml cold brewed coffee concentrate (or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee)
- 1/4 cup 63ml vegan creamer original flavor (or extra nondairy milk)
- 1 cup 250ml unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- pinch cloves
- pinch allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (brown sugar, stevia, agave nectar, or maple syrup, etc. - I used 1 packet Nu-Stevia)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin or ground chia seeds, do not leave out - it holds it together!
- 2 to 3 cups ice
- In a blender mix everything except for the sweetener, xanthan gum and ice.
- Taste and adjust sweetener as needed. Remember this is a concentrated flavor so it needs to be a little sweeter now to be just right later.
- Add xanthan gum (or pectin) and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.
- Add the ice. Depending on your blender you may have to add it ½ cup at a time. I have a really powerful one so I can blend it all in at once.
- You can add more coconut milk if it's too thick or you can add more ice if it's too thick.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 332Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 21mgSodium 216mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 3gSugar 20gProtein 11g
Nutrition information is provided from nutritionix.com as a close estimate. If you have specific health issues please put the recipe information, including the exact ingredients you use, into the nutritional calculator your Dr. recommends.