Everyone I know is dreaming of pumpkin spice everything or they want to punch a wall everything they hear those words. It’s a line in the sand and I fall on the everything spice side. Of course, you don’t have to drink hot coffee to pack all those fall flavors in so today I have a recipe for a Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee.
Why Make Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee?
Everyone I know is in two separate pumpkin spice camps. Some, like me, are already dreaming of pumpkin spice everything. Then the other side wants to punch a wall everything they hear those words. I respect you which ever side you fall on.
Of course, you don’t have to drink a hot coffee to pack all those fall flavors in. Sometimes like now it’s a hot Indian summer instead of a sweater weather fall.
Today I have a recipe for a pumpkin spice frozen coffee so you can have your pumpkin spice and not break out into a sweat!
Is Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Syrup Vegan?
Oddly enough, the pumpkin spice syrup at Starbucks actually has dairy in it, so it is NOT vegan. Last year they brought out a vegan version in Europe, but it didn’t make it to the United States.
That means if you want a pumpkin-spiced drink you can count on, making it at home is your best bet.
How Do I Make Homemade Cold Brew Coffee?
Homemade cold brew coffee is the easiest recipe you will ever make. Pour course ground coffee into a French Press or Mason Jar, fill with water and let sit 24 to 48 hours. Strain and store in your fridge.
You can get my cold brewed coffee recipe here.
Can I Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree?
It’s easy to make your own pumpkin puree. The best pumpkin to use is the smaller pie pumpkin. There’s more flesh and the smaller size will fit into your slow cooker or Instant Pot for the easiest and cheapest pumpkin puree you can make!
Get all the info you need to make your own pumpkin puree here.
I Love Pumpkin Spice But I Hate Coffee!
So Many More Vegan Pumpkin Spice Recipes to Try!
- Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust
- Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cheap-o-chino
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree make it from scratch if you want
- 1/4 cup cold brewed coffee concentrate (or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee)
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- pinch cloves
- pinch allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- Sweetener to taste stevia, agave nectar, or maple syrup, etc.
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 teaspoon pectin - do not leave out - it holds it together!
- 2 cups ice , use more if needed
- In a blender mix everything except for the sweetener, xanthan gum and ice.
- Taste and adjust sweetener as needed. Remember this is a concentrated flavor so it needs to be a little sweeter now to be just right later.
- Add xanthan gum (or pectin) and blend. This will keep the different ingredients from separating.
- Add the ice. Depending on your blender you may have to add it ½ cup at a time. I have a really powerful one so I can blend it all in at once.
- You can add more coconut milk if it's too thick or you can add more ice if it's too thick.