There are a few things that scream autumn to me – slow cookers, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice everything. I took those and brewed them up together for this Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte.
How Do I Make Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte?
There are a few ways to make a Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte and one is to add the pumpkin spices, coffee, and nondairy milk to your slow cooker.
Be warned that it gets a little chunky in the slow cooker so you can either strain it before serving or give it a careful whirl in your blender. Either way will elevate your pumpkin spice latte to coffeehouse level.
Is Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Syrup Vegan?
Last year they came out with a vegan version in Europe, but we were stuck with the dairy syrup here in the US.
But I Wanted Vegan Pumpkin Spice Syrup…
But don’t fret, I have a slow cooker recipe too: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce.
I also have a Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer, if that’s more your style.
Yuck! I Hate Pumpkin Spice Lattes
I know that everyone isn’t on the pumpkin spice latte train. But you can use the same method to make a maple latte instead.
Just use the same slow cooker instructions, but just add the coffee, nondairy milk, and maple syrup. There’s your maple latte recipe, easy peasy.
Can I Make This in a High Speed Blender Instead?
What I did this morning was to blend it all together before I added it to my 2- quart slow cooker. Then I got to thinking, if you have a high speed blender you could just keep blending until it gets hot. Just some pumpkin-spice for thought!
If you decide to use a high speed blender you could just add 1/4 cup pecans or cashews plus 2 cups water. Blend and you’ve made homemade nut milk for your Not Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte.
What Slow Cooker Do You Recommend?
If you are shopping for a slow cooker be sure to read my slow cooker faq page, and take a close look at the Hamilton Beach Right Size Model, it has 1 crock but settings to use it as a 2, 4, and 6 quart slow cooker!
Where Can I Get That Owl Slow Cooker?
Also the owl slow cooker above is no longer made, but if you have to have an owl crockpot now, there are usually a few owl slow cookers on Ebay. Warning: It’s overpriced, but sometimes the kitchen wants what the kitchen wants.
Can I Sweeten Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte with Dates Instead of Maple Syrup?
You sure can, just add about 4 dates to the slow cooker and make sure to puree in a blender before serving. You may also want to strain after you blend it too.
Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 to 2 cups 235 to 470 ml brewed coffee or espresso (or use tea)
- 2 cups 470 ml vanilla unsweetened nondairy milk (or plain mixed with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons 30 to 60 ml maple syrup (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons 46 g pumpkin purée, store-bought or homemade
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all the ingredients in your 1½ to 2 -quart slow cooker. Whisk to combine. Cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or on low for 3 hours.
- (Many small slow cookers have no temperature control, so they cook everything on low.) Stir well before serving because the pumpkin tends to settle at the bottom.
- If the texture of the pumpkin puree bothers you, put the mixture in a blender before putting in the slow cooker to create a smoother, silkier drink.
Just so you know, the pumpkin spice syrup at Starbucks contains dairy, so if you want a pumpkin-spiced anything, it’s better to make it at home. You can get the cold brewed coffee recipe here and the recipe to make your own pumpkin puree here.
More pumpkin recipes for you to try:
- Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust
- Pumpkin Cranberry Dog Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread with No Added Oil
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake – No Ice Cream Needed!