It’s fall and there are two things that scream autumn to me – slow cookers and pumpkin spice everything. I took those and brewed them up together for this Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte.
There are a few ways to make this and one is just as the recipe is below. Be warned that it gets a little chunky in the slow cooker so you can either strain it before serving or give it a careful whirl in your blender.
What I did this morning was to blend it all together before I added it to my 2- quart slow cooker. Then I got to thinking, if you have a high speed blender you could just keep blending until it gets hot. Just some pumpkin-spice for thought!
If you are shopping for a slow cooker be sure to read my slow cooker faq page, and take a close look at the Hamilton Beach Right Size Model, it has 1 crock but settings to use it as a 2, 4, and 6 quart slow cooker!
Also the owl slow cooker above is no longer made, but if you have to have an owl crockpot now, there is a sage green one on Amazon. Warning: It’s overpriced, but sometimes the kitchen wants what the kitchen wants.
Slow cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 to 2 cups 235 to 470 ml brewed coffee or espresso (or use tea)
- 2 cups 470 ml vanilla unsweetened nondairy milk (or plain mixed with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons 30 to 60 ml maple syrup (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons 46 g pumpkin purée, store-bought or homemade
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all the ingredients in your 1½ to 2 -quart slow cooker. Whisk to combine. Cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or on low for 3 hours.
- (Many small slow cookers have no temperature control, so they cook everything on low.) Stir well before serving because the pumpkin tends to settle at the bottom.
- If the texture of the pumpkin puree bothers you, put the mixture in a blender before putting in the slow cooker to create a smoother, silkier drink.
This recipe uses 1 1/2 to 2-quart (1.4 to 1.9 L) slow cooker. You can double or triple the recipe and use a larger slow cooker if you like.