There are a few things that scream autumn to me – slow cookers, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice everything. I took those and brewed them up together for this Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte.
I Can Make Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Home?!
Just so you know, the pumpkin spice syrup at Starbucks contains dairy, so if you want a pumpkin-spiced anything, it’s better to make it at home. You can get the cold brewed coffee recipe here and the recipe to make your own pumpkin puree here.
How Do I Make Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte?
There are a few ways to make a Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte and one is to add the pumpkin spices, coffee, and nondairy milk to your slow cooker.
Be warned that it gets a little chunky in the slow cooker so you can either strain it before serving or give it a careful whirl in your blender. Either way will elevate your pumpkin spice latte to coffeehouse level.
Is Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Syrup Vegan?
Last year they came out with a vegan version in Europe, but we were stuck with the dairy syrup here in the US.
But I Wanted Vegan Pumpkin Spice Syrup…
But don’t fret, I have a slow cooker recipe too: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce.
I also have a Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer, if that’s more your style.
Yuck! I Hate Pumpkin Spice Lattes
I know that everyone isn’t on the pumpkin spice latte train. But you can use the same method to make a maple latte instead.
Just use the same slow cooker instructions, but just add the coffee, nondairy milk, and maple syrup. There’s your maple latte recipe, easy peasy.
Can I Make This in a High Speed Blender Instead?
What I did this morning was to blend it all together before I added it to my 2- quart slow cooker. Then I got to thinking, if you have a high speed blender you could just keep blending until it gets hot. Just some pumpkin-spice for thought!
If you decide to use a high speed blender you could just add 1/4 cup pecans or cashews plus 2 cups water. Blend and you’ve made homemade nut milk for your Not Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte.
What Slow Cooker Do You Recommend?
If you are shopping for a slow cooker be sure to read my slow cooker faq page, and take a close look at the Hamilton Beach Right Size Model, it has 1 crock but settings to use it as a 2, 4, and 6 quart slow cooker!
Where Can I Get That Owl Slow Cooker?
Also the owl slow cooker above is no longer made, but if you have to have an owl crockpot now, there are usually a few owl slow cookers on Ebay. Warning: It’s overpriced, but sometimes the kitchen wants what the kitchen wants.
Can I Sweeten Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte with Dates Instead of Maple Syrup?
You sure can, just add about 4 dates to the slow cooker and make sure to puree in a blender before serving. You may also want to strain after you blend it too.
More pumpkin recipes for you to try:
- Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust
- Pumpkin Cranberry Dog Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake – No Ice Cream Needed!
- 1 to 2 cups brewed coffee or espresso (or use tea)
- 2 cups vanilla unsweetened nondairy milk (or plain mixed with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup (to taste), , or sweetener of choice plus 1/2 teaspoon maple extract if you want the maple flavor
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin purée, store-bought or homemade
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all the ingredients in your 1½ to 2 -quart slow cooker. Whisk to combine. Cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or on low for 3 hours.
- (Many small slow cookers have no temperature control, so they cook everything on low.) Stir well before serving because the pumpkin tends to settle at the bottom.
- If the texture of the pumpkin puree bothers you, put the mixture in a blender before putting in the slow cooker to create a smoother, silkier drink.
This recipe uses 1 1/2 to 2-quart (1.4 to 1.9 L) slow cooker. You can double or triple the recipe and use a larger slow cooker if you like.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 50Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 164mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 1g