Are you an ice cream lover who loves trying new flavors and creating unique mix-ins? If so, the Ninja Creami ice cream maker is a fantastic tool.
One of the key features that make this device stand out is its Mix-In setting. It seems to confuse a few people when they are new, so I’ve made it easy for you.
The Magic of the Mix-In Setting
The Mix-In setting allows you to add a variety of mix-ins to your frozen treats, such as chocolate chips, nuts, cookie pieces, and so much more.
It offers an opportunity to let your creative juices flow and make magic in your own kitchen!
Step-by-Step Guide: How To Use the Mix-In Setting
Ready to use the Mix-In setting? Follow these steps to create your customized Ninja Creami creation:
- Prepare Your Base Mixture: First, create your base ice cream mixture following your recipe. Pour this mixture into the Ninja Creami pint and freeze for 24 hours.
- Spin Your Ice Cream: Once your mixture is frozen, place the pint into the Ninja Creami machine. Choose the desired spinning setting (Ice Cream, Gelato, or Sorbet) from the recipe. When in doubt or your mixture has frozen hard use the light ice cream setting.
- Prepare Your Mix-Ins: While the Ninja Creami is churning your ice cream, prepare your mix-ins. These could be anything you desire, from crushed cookies and candies to fresh fruits and nuts.
- Add Your Mix-Ins: After your ice cream is ready, make a tunnel through the pint and add about 1/4 cup of your favorite mixins like nuts, dried fruit, chopped chocolate, etc.
- Enjoy Your Custom Creation: Once your mix-ins are thoroughly incorporated, your customized ice cream is ready to be enjoyed!
Frequently Asked Questions: Using the Ninja Creami Mix-In Setting
Q: Can I add liquid mix-ins like caramel or fudge? Will it swirl?
A: You cannot add a sauce and have it swirl in the Ninja Creami ice cream maker. It will just be incorporated into the base. To make a swirl, put your spun ice cream in a bowl and fold in the sauce. Then serve.
Q: Can I add fresh fruit as a mix-in?
A: Most soft, fresh fruits will be incorporated into the base. Try whole frozen fruit instead.
Q: What should I do if my mix-ins are not evenly distributed?
A: If you find that your mix-ins aren’t evenly distributed, stir the mixture a bit manually, then spin on the mix-in again. Or you can dump the pint in a bowl and add sauces to create a swirl.
Q: Can I add my mix-ins during the initial freezing process instead of using the Mix-In setting?
A: While you can add mix-ins to the base mixture, the creamizer blade will most likely make it into part of the smooth base.
Ninja Creami Recipes to Try
- Get the Only Whole Food Plant-Based Ninja Creami e-Cookbook
- Ninja Creami Cherry Ice Cream
- Plant-Based Cantaloupe Ice Cream Recipe
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Sorbet
- Lemon Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- Blueberry Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream: Vegan Ninja Creami Recipe
- Healthy Ninja Creami Dole Whip Recipe
- Plant-based London Fog Ice Cream: A Healthy Ninja Creami Recipe
- Ninja Creami Creamiccino Recipe with Options for Other Models
- Ninja Creami: Review & Step-by-Step Instructions