The Ninja Creami has become a popular kitchen appliance for those who enjoy whipping up frozen desserts at home. It makes everything from traditional ice cream to dairy-free sorbets and much more.
But with all the fun of creating frozen treats comes the inevitable part of cooking that many aren’t as fond of—cleaning up.
While some parts of your Ninja Creami ice cream maker are dishwasher safe, not all components should be placed in the dishwasher.
Always follow the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions to ensure your device continues to create delicious frozen treats for years to come!
The NINJA CREAMI Components
To fully answer this question, we need to understand the different parts of the Ninja Creami. This device comprises several elements, including a base motor, a lid, a blade, and a pint container. Each component is crucial in transforming your ingredients into a delicious frozen dessert.
NEVER put any part of an appliance with an electrical cord into the dishwasher. So that means the main base can only be cleaned with a damp towel.
I also encourage you to wipe off the metal tip that you can see with a clean wet towel. It often has a little residue after a spin.
The pints, lids, and blades can be placed in your dishwasher on the top rack. If you have an original or Deluxe Ninja Creami, you can also add in the outer lid and outer container.
Be careful because once a Ninja Creami pint is warped, it can’t be used in your machine!
Can the Ninja Creami Go in the Dishwasher?
The answer to this question is partly yes. Not all components of the Ninja Creami are dishwasher safe. According to the manufacturer’s guidelines:
- The Pint and the Lid: The pint and the lid of the Ninja Creami are dishwasher safe. You can place them on the top rack of the dishwasher after use for a thorough cleaning.
- The outer container and outer lid: You will have these in certain models and they can go on the top dishwasher rack as well.
- The Blade: The blade, or the creamizer paddle, is also dishwasher safe. Place it on the top rack of the dishwasher as well. Honestly, I always handwash mine, and it takes almost no effort.
- The Base Motor: The motorized base, however, is not dishwasher safe. This component contains the electrical parts of the device and must never be submerged in water or placed in a dishwasher. Instead, clean it with a damp cloth and let it dry thoroughly.
Proper Cleaning and Care for Your Ninja Creami
Proper cleaning and care can prolong the lifespan of your Ninja Creami and ensure it functions optimally. Here are a few tips to remember:
- Before Cleaning: Always unplug the machine before cleaning. This is a safety measure to avoid any electrical mishaps.
- Cleaning the Base: As mentioned before, the base should never be submerged in water. Simply wipe it down with a damp cloth, making sure not to let any liquid get into the electrical components.
- Cleaning the Removable Parts: Rinse the lid, pint, and blade under warm running water soon after use. If placing them in the dishwasher, always put them on the top rack. (This includes the outer lid and outer container in the original and Deluxe models.)
- After Cleaning: Make sure all parts are dry before storing them. This will help prevent the growth of bacteria and mold.
What If I Don’t Have a Dishwasher?
If you don’t have a dishwasher, don’t worry! The Ninja Creami’s removable parts can be cleaned easily by hand with warm soapy water. Make sure to clean the blade carefully to avoid any injury.
Plant-Based Ninja Creami Recipes & Tips
- Get the Only Whole Food Plant-Based Ninja Creami e-Cookbook
- Ninja Creami Cherry Ice Cream
- Plant-Based Cantaloupe Ice Cream Recipe
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Sorbet
- Lemon Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- Blueberry Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream: Vegan Ninja Creami Recipe
- Healthy Ninja Creami Dole Whip Recipe
- Plant-based London Fog Ice Cream: A Healthy Ninja Creami Recipe
- Ninja Creami Creamiccino Recipe with Options for Other Models
- Ninja Creami: Review & Step-by-Step Instructions