It’s almost Thanksgiving – do you know what you’re making yet?
If you don’t feel like cooking all day, but want all the flavors of the holiday make my Vegan Thanksgiving Casserole and Gravy.
This is also a great Tday recipe to bring with you if you’re going to someone else’s house for the holiday. It’s something non-vegans will enjoy and that way you will have something other than sides to eat.
I love how versatile this casserole is. You can use a can of chickpeas that’s in your pantry right now, reconstituted soy curls, tempeh, or even some seitan.
Not a fan of broccoli? Use a frozen mix veg with corn, peas, and carrots in place of the California mix. Of course, you can always use fresh chopped veggies instead.
Be careful when shopping for bags of stuffing because many have chicken or dairy in them. Gluten-free stuffing often has egg or dairy in them. So make sure to read the labels.
More Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
Even if you make this recipe you’re probably going to make a few more. Here are some of my favorites and at the end of the list are a few roundup posts that have a ton to choose from.
- Vegan Thanksgiving Casserole and Gravy
- Easy Thanksgiving Dinner for Two
- Vegan Slow Cooker Veggie Loaf
- Holiday Sweet Potato Casserole
- Gluten-free Vegan Teff Stuffing with Roasted Butternut Squash
- Thanksgiving Potato Stuffing Balls with a Cranberry Center
- Creamy Vegan Greens
- 7 Vegan Thanksgiving Dressings
- The Only Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes You Need
- Vegan Thanksgiving Pies
- 1 10 oz [283 g] bag vegan stuffing (*use gluten-free)
- 2 cups 340 g mixed cauliflower, broccoli and carrots (or 1 [12 oz/340g] bag frozen California mix)
- ½ cup 124 g green peas
- ½ cup 82 g corn kernels
- 2 cups 480 g **chickpeas, *crumbled tempeh or vegan meat-free chicken
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 708 g vegan gravy
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and either oil an 8.5" x 11" (21 x 28 cm) pan or ***line with parchment paper.
- Cook the stuffing according to the directions on the package (***leave out the oil for oil-free). Set aside to cool.
- Spread the mixed vegetables, peas, corn and protein of your choice evenly across the pan. One by one, measure out the herbs, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the pan.
- Top the veggies with gravy as evenly as you can, then put the stuffing on top.
- Cover with foil, place pan on a baking sheet to catch drips and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, then bake for 15 more minutes. Serve with extra gravy on the side if you'd like.
•gluten-free option*•soy-free option**•oil-free option***
Nutrition values DO NOT include gravy
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Sodium 227mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 7gSugar 3gProtein 7g