By now you all know the dirty little secret that most pumpkin spice lattes and syrups have dairy in them. But did you know most of them don’t even have any pumpkin in them at all?
The pumpkin spice refers to a blend of spices you use in pumpkin pie. My other pumpkin latte includes real pumpkin, so I thought I needed to make one with no pumpkin too. This recipe is especially for those of you who are not pumpkin-in-your-coffee kind of people. Now everyone can revel in pumpkin spice season!
Making your own creamer is a very fulfilling thing to do. It’s not very hard and you can tailor every flavor to your personal dietary requirements and tastes.
Use the sweetener you prefer – right now I’m on a coconut sugar kick. It tastes similar to brown sugar, but is looser like regular granulated sugar. You could also use stevia, agave nectar and of course plain old sugar if that’s what you prefer or have on hand.
Cashews are a nice neutral nut to use as your creamer base but you could use almonds or anything else you can make your own non-dairy milk from like oats and rice.
Please note: when you add a dollop of creamer to your coffee it will look separated, but don’t worry once you give it a good stir it will incorporate.
Looking for more Halloween recipes? Get my ebook, The Ghoulish Gourmet. Get the Kindle version at Amazon for $5.99.
More pumpkin recipes for you to try:
- Vegan Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread Minis
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust
- Pumpkin Cranberry Dog Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Slow Cooker Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Coffeecake Steel-cut Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread with No Added Oil
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake – No Ice Cream Needed!