Today, I’m having my tea in my Vegan Earl Grey Slow Cooker Steel-Cut Oats and let me tell you it’s delicious there too.
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 2 teabags red tea Earl Grey, black or green tea will over-steep as it cooks
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
- 1 to 2 tablespoon, s sweetener of your choice
The night before
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add everything but rosewater and sweetener. If using rooibos tea you can even add the tea bag If you are using black or green brew it in the nondairy milk firs, like in the headnote.
- Cook on low overnight (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Stir in rosewater and sweetener to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 260Sodium 118mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 13g
More Recipes to Try
- 11 + Vegan Appetizers to Make Your Super Bowl Party The Best Ever!
- Vegan Butternut Squash Okra Gumbo
- Vegan Instant Pot Black-Eyed Pea Curry with Spinach