Isn’t about time to take a break? I suggest you enjoy a piece of gluten-free vegan teff gingerbread and a comforting hot drink. The past few months have been whooshing by for me. But for now I’m planning on curling up with a plate of this spicy and moist cake. But don’t worry, I’ll only stay cocooned for a little while.
I’m not a huge fan of gingerbread cookies because they are usually a little dry for me. But I love a pan of moist and spicy gingerbread cake. The flavors scream winter.
It’s so easy to make that you can take it to all the parties you get invited to, plus this recipe is gluten-free.
You can also try making these in muffin pans. They would be easy to serve to a classroom of kids or as a snack at your holiday cocktail party.
Gluten-free and Vegan Teff Gingerbread
- 1 cup Maskal Brown Teff Flour
- 1 cup gluten-free baking mix I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or other mild flavored oil *or use mashed pumpkin or sweet potato to make oil-free
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds mixed with 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil a square pan and/or line with parchment paper. I like to use one that has a tart pan bottom so it’s easy to get it out.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Then mix the wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix well.
- Carefully scrape the batter into the prepared pan and even out the top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the center.
- Note: You could fancy this up by serving with some chopped candied ginger or sprinkling some powdered sugar on top.
More Recipes to Try
- Gluten-Free Vegan Teff Oat Rolls
- Vegan Instant Pot Teff Vegetable Soup
- Whole Wheat Bourbon Banana Bread
- Gluten-free Apple Teff Pancakes with Homemade Date Caramel Syrup