Celebrate the weekend with these Vegan Chocolate Blintzes Stuffed with Vanilla Nut Cream. They’re made with teff flour and are gluten-free too. Plus they make an amazing brunch dish or a lovely Valentine’s Day dessert.
Vegan Chocolate Blintzes Stuffed with Vanilla Nut Cream
- ½ cup raw cashews soaked overnight then drained
- ½ cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup raw skinned slivered almonds soaked overnight then drained
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with ¼ cup warm water
- 2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegan sugar
- 1 tablespoon mild oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Brown Maskal Teff™ flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spray oil to use in pan
- Add the cashews, nondairy milk, sugar, vinegar, <g class="gr_ gr_86 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="86" data-gr-id="86">vanilla</g> and salt to your blender and blend well. You will need to stop and scrape down the container a few times.
- Once smooth, add the almonds and blend again until mostly smooth. You don’t want any large pieces, but it will be a little bumpy like ricotta. Set aside.
- Mix the flaxseed mixture, nondairy milk, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Mix the teff flour, tapioca starch, brown rice flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt <g class="gr_ gr_73 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="73" data-gr-id="73">into</g> a small bowl and stir well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and whisk until smooth.
- Spray some oil lightly on a medium saute pan and heat pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, measure out ¼ cup batter, remove skillet from heat, pour the batter in, swirling the <g class="gr_ gr_76 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Style only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="76" data-gr-id="76">the skillet</g> to coat the bottom evenly.
- Cook first side for about 3 minutes. The edges will begin to pull away from the pan.
- Carefully flip the crepe using your hands or a spatula and cook another minute.
- Place on a plate and repeat until all the crepe batter has been used.
- Fill each crepe with the vanilla nut cream filling and roll up. Serve topped with powdered sugar, berries, or chocolate sauce.