Celebrate the weekend with these Vegan Chocolate Blintzes Stuffed with Vanilla Nut Cream. They’re made with teff flour and are gluten-free too. Plus they make an amazing brunch dish or a lovely Valentine’s Day dessert.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight then drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup raw skinned slivered almonds, soaked overnight then drained
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegan sugar
- 1 tablespoon mild oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Brown Maskal Teff™ flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spray oil to use in pan
- Add the cashews, nondairy milk, sugar, vinegar, vanilla and salt to your blender and blend well. You will need to stop and scrape down the container a few times.
- Once smooth, add the almonds and blend again until mostly smooth. You don’t want any large pieces, but it will be a little bumpy like ricotta. Set aside.
- Mix the flaxseed mixture, nondairy milk, oil and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Mix the teff flour, tapioca starch, brown rice flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a small bowl and stir well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and whisk until smooth.
- Spray some oil lightly on a medium saute pan and heat pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, measure out ¼ cup batter, remove skillet from heat, pour the batter in, swirling the the skillet to coat the bottom evenly.
- Cook first side for about 3 minutes. The edges will begin to pull away from the pan.
- Carefully flip the crepe using your hands or a spatula and cook another minute.
- Place on a plate and repeat until all the crepe batter has been used.
- Fill each crepe with the vanilla nut cream filling and roll up. Serve topped with powdered sugar, berries, or chocolate sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Saturated Fat 3gSodium 251mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 4gSugar 11gProtein 8g