The soup I have for you today is simple and you probably have the ingredients for it in your pantry right now. I used dry beans in my version, but you could just as easily use a can of pre-cooked beans that you drain and rinse. It was perfect during the snow storms that hit us last week – but I love soup anytime.
I made the oat bread in the photos from the Girl versus Dough recipe. It’s my new favorite bread recipe and turns out just right every time. I use agave nectar in place of the honey and olive oil instead of the butter, so it’s easily veganized. What’s your favor thing to eat with soups? Your go-to bread recipe?
- 1 1/2 cup dry cannellini beans, or other white bean like navy or great northern
- 8 cups vegetable broth, or water with 2 veggie bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 cup diced carrots, about 3 medium carrots
- 1 cup diced sweet potato, about 1 small or 1/2 a large
- 1 14.5 oz/411 g can diced tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary, or 2 inch sprigs fresh
- salt and pepper, to taste
- This recipe uses a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Add all the ingredients except for the salt and pepper to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving add salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 207Sodium 959mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 10gSugar 4gProtein 13g