My Slow Cooker Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup is easy and so dreamy! It’s creamy from cashews & oats. Leave out the cashews if you don’t do nuts.
I want to share one of my favorite lazy recipes with you today. My Quick and Easy Creamy Tomato Soup comes together with the least effort and tastes like you worked hard all day.
Can I Cook This in My Slow Cooker? Instant Pot? Stove-top?
Get the Instant Pot version of this recipe on my new site here: Plant Based Instant Pot.
How Can You Make a Dairy-Free Soup Creamy?
Basically, you are cooking the oats and softening up the cashews. The oats and cashews are what makes this soup extra creamy.
I like my Slow Cooker Creamy Vegan Tomato Soup to be very thick, but you can add extra water to thin it out if you prefer it that way.
- 1 - 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes, can use tomato puree
- 1 - 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 3 tablespoons oats, rolled, steel-cut or Scottish
- 1 to 2 vegetarian bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
Instant Pot Method
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT for the agave nectar, salt and pepper to your Instant Pot. Cook on manual for 5 minutes and let the pressure come down naturally - that will take about 10 minutes.
Slow Cooker Method
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT for the agave nectar, salt and pepper to your slow cooker. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Add all the ingredients EXCEPT for the agave nectar, salt and pepper to a soup pot. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes to soften the cashews.
- Carefully pour the cooked mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to do this in 2 batches. Add agave nectar if using and salt and pepper to taste. You can also add more water if the soup is thicker than you want it to be.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 161Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 0gSodium 659mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 6g
More Recipes to Try
- The Big List of Vegan Air Fryer Recipes to Make Right Now!
- Vegan Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
- 10 Amazing Vegan Soup Recipes You Need to Make Tonight