There’s nothing like a refreshing scoop of lemon frozen yogurt when the sun is blazing. You know I love experimenting with my Ninja Creami, and I had to recreate this treat Dairy-Free and Vegan!
This easy Vegan Ninja Creami Lemon Frozen Yogurt recipe is tart, creamy, and sweet and is guaranteed to satisfy those summer cravings.
What is a Ninja Creami?
The Ninja Creami is an ingenious device that transforms your favorite ingredients into delicious ice cream, light ice cream, smoothie bowls, milkshakes, and more.
It uses a unique spinning process that scrapes the frozen ingredients in the pint into a smooth, creamy texture comparable to store-bought frozen desserts. It’s scoopable!
Can I Just Use a Blender?
You can freeze the mixture in ice cube trays, then let it soften and put them in a high-speed blender.
It won’t be scoopable like the Ninja Creami ice cream maker, but it will be delicious!
It’s easy to make frozen yogurt in your Ninja Creami ice cream maker. You can use sweetened vanilla, plain, unsweetened – even homemade yogurt.
What Do I Need to Make Vegan Ninja Creami Lemon Frozen Yogurt?
This dessert requires only a handful of ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen.
You’ll need unsweetened vegan yogurt, nondairy milk, a medium lemon for zest and juice, lemon extract, and your choice of liquid sweetener.
This could be agave nectar, date paste, date syrup, maple syrup, vegan honey, or similar. I used agave nectar for a more neutral flavor.
How to Prepare the Vegan Ninja Creami Lemon Frozen Yogurt?
Making this vegan frozen yogurt is as simple as mixing all the ingredients in your Ninja Creami pint and freezing it on a level surface for 24 hours.
After that, use the device’s light ice cream setting for a perfectly creamy texture.
If your mixture is crumbly after the first spin, add a few tablespoons of non-dairy milk and use the respin setting.
How Long Does It Take to Make?
The prep time for this recipe is just 5 minutes, but it does require a freezer time of 24 hours. So if you plan to serve this at a summer party, prepare it a day in advance!
Is This Recipe Healthy?
Yes, it is! This lemon frozen yogurt is a healthier alternative to traditional ice cream. It’s vegan, meaning it’s dairy-free and contains no animal products.
Plus, you have control over the amount and type of sweetener you use, allowing you to limit your sugar intake or choose a more natural sweetener if you wish.
Can I Make Other Flavors Using This Recipe?
Absolutely! This recipe is quite versatile and can be adapted to your taste. Just substitute the lemon zest and juice with other citrus fruits or even just other extracts.
Try lime, mandarin, oranges, pink lemons, grapefruit, satsumas, and more!
How Should I Store Leftover Vegan Ninja Creami Lemon Frozen Yogurt?
Yes, you can. Just smooth over the top of any leftovers and freeze it again. This will help to maintain the texture and flavor of your frozen yogurt for your next indulgence.
Enjoy this delightful vegan lemon frozen yogurt as a tasty treat on hot summer days or as a light dessert after dinner. It’s delicious and a healthier alternative that will keep you cool and satisfied. So grab your Ninja Creami, whip up a batch, and enjoy a scoop of refreshing summertime bliss!
More Ninja Creami Recipes
- Get the Only Whole Food Plant-Based Ninja Creami e-Cookbook
- Ninja Creami Cherry Ice Cream
- Plant-Based Cantaloupe Ice Cream Recipe
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Sorbet
- Lemon Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- Blueberry Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream: Vegan Ninja Creami Recipe
- Healthy Ninja Creami Dole Whip Recipe
- Plant-based London Fog Ice Cream: A Healthy Ninja Creami Recipe
- Ninja Creami Creamiccino Recipe with Options for Other Models
- Ninja Creami: Review & Step-by-Step Instructions
Vegan Ninja Creami Lemon Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened vegan yogurt , or use sweetened and leave out additional sweetener
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk add more if needed
- 1 medium lemon , zest and juice from
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract , or use 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar , or liquid sweetener of choice to taste (think date paste, date syrup, maple syrup, vegan honey, etc.)
- Mix all the ingredients into your Creami pint.
- Freeze on a level surface for 24 hours.
- Level off the top if you have a volcano or hump.
- Spin on light ice cream.
- If crumbly, add a few tablespoons nondairy milk and use the respin setting.
- Smooth over the top of any leftovers and freeze again.