I wake up wanting a coffee, or tea, full of creaminess. I seem to drink coffee more in the summer and tea in the winter. Coconut Oat Vanilla Nut Vegan Coffee Creamer is always a winner and great in Earl Grey tea, coffee, or even chai.
I certainly have a few favorite store-bought creamers I like, but I love making my own vegan coffee creamer. A wonderful thing about making your own creamer is that you can use any sweetener you want or just leave it unsweetened.
This creamer is quick and you can make it without going into the cold. This recipe will show you that having oats in the house is just as important as bread in a snowstorm!
Do I Have to Soak Any of the Ingredients in this Vegan Creamer Recipe?
There is no need to soak coconut or oats ahead of time. That makes this recipe the perfect choice if you woke up this morning and realized you were out creamer.
Can I Use Steel-Cut Oats Instead of Rolled Oats?
If you are making an oat beverage you can use steel cut oats. You will need to soak steel cut oats for an hour or two to soften them for the blender.
It’s a little more work but you can still have creamer in time for breakfast.
What If I Only Have Oats or Coconut, But Not Both?
You can make this creamer with all coconut or all oats. The texture will be a little different, but it will still work great!
How Do I Make Coconut Oat Vanilla Nut Vegan Coffee Creamer?
Just throw some oat and coconut in your blender with some water. 10 minutes later blend and strain, then add your favorite sweetener and flavorings.
You can even leave this nondairy creamer unsweetened and plain – it’s all up to you!
Coconut Oat Vanilla Nut Vegan Coffee Creamer
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract to taste
- Break the oats and coconut into tiny pieces with your blender. Add the water and let soak for ten minutes.
- Blend again for about 3 minutes or until smooth, then run the creamer through a fine mesh
- strainer over a small bowl to strain out the oat pieces.
- Put the liquid, sweetener and extracts back in the blender and blend until the sweetener is incorporated and dissolved.
More Oatmeal Recipes to Try
- Instant Pot Apple Spice Steel Cut Oats for 2
- Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Belgian Waffles
- Steel-Cut Oat Sausage Crumbles
- Instant Pot Earl Grey Steel Cut Oats