Nothing says December like gingerbread. I love those spicy scents as they fill up the kitchen. If you do too, chances are good that you will enjoy the flavors in my vegan holiday gingerbread pear crumble.
It’s from my book, OATrageous Oatmeals and it’s oil-free, soy-free and has a gluten-free option if you use your favorite gluten-free baking mix.
If you need to make a holiday dessert but don’t want to spend all day baking, this is the recipe for you. The chopped pears are spiced up and covered with a gingerbread crumble. It’s so easy you can put all the kids to work on it while you relax a bit.
Holiday Gingerbread Pear Crumble From OATrageous Oatmeals
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour ,(*use a gluten-free baking mix)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 11/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cloves
- 5 cups chopped pears
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar ,optional
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C). Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with oil. (**You can also line with parchment paper or use a nonstick pan to make it oil-free.)
- Combine all of the topping ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- If your pears aren’t very sweet, add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of agave nectar and a pinch of salt.
- Spread out the pear mixture in the casserole dish.
- Crumble the gingerbread topping over the pears, then bake for 30 minutes.
Don’t forget – OATrageous Oatmeals is a great holiday gift! Grab yours now before it goes out of print.
More Recipes to Try
- Steel-Cut Oat Sausage Crumbles From OATrageous Oatmeals
- 6 Vegan Chili Recipes for a Perfect Fall
- Vegan Instant Pot Black-Eyed Pea Curry with Spinach
- Gluten-free Vegan Pumpkin Pie with a Teff Flour Pecan Crust