This Vegan Air Fryer French Toast is from my new book, Vegan Cooking in Your Air Fryer, and is perfect for a weekend brunch or even a breakfast for dinner.
My recipe is coated with a nut oat mixture to make it extra crunchy and I think you’re going to love it!
You can use your favorite bread, then coat it in an oat nut mixture. Make it gluten-free by using a gluten-free bread and oats that are clearly labeled gluten-free.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake this on a baking pan in a 350 degree oven until crispy, about 15 minutes on each side.
- Easy Salsa Verde – homemade sala to use on pupusas, tacos, and salads too
- Roasted Edamame – eat it as an appetizer or a meal
- Sweet Potato Fries – they are perfect every time
- Lime Corn on the Cob – the very best way to make corn
- Pupusas– stuffed masa cakes that make a great meal
If you are looking for advise on buying an air fryer I talk about my favorites in this article.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup (99g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (113g) pecans, or nut of your choice
- 2 tablespoons (12g) ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon (2g) ground cinnamon
- 8 pieces of whole grain vegan bread, regular or cinnamon raisin (*use gluten-free bread)
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk (plain or vanilla)
- maple syrup, for serving
Make the topping by adding the oats, nuts, flax seed and cinnamon to your food processor and pulse until it looks similar to bread crumbs. Do not over blend. Pour into a shallow pan that's large enough to dip your bread slices in.
Add the nondairy milk to a second container, then soak one or two pieces of the bread for about 15 seconds, turn and soak the other side. You don't want to leave it long enough to become mushy.
Place the amount that fits into your air fryer basket at once time without overlapping. Cook at 350 degrees for 3 minutes, then flip the bread and cook 3 more minutes.
Repeat until all the bread is coated and cooked.
Serve topped with maple syrup.
Amount Per Serving:
- Got to Be NC Air Fried Tofu Rancheros with Veggies and Little Face Salsa
- My Favorite Air Fryers and Accessories
- Your New Fav Snack: Air Fryer Bow Tie Pasta Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Seitan Vegan Riblets