It’s always time for a fruit crumble, but I especially love adding fresh berries in all summer long. This Vegan Air Fryer Crumble uses blueberries and apple.
Did You Know That You Can Bake In Your Air Fryer?
What Kind of Dishes Can I Use in My Air Fryer?
Basically anything that you would put in your oven can go into your air fryer. You can use ramekins like in the photos, small ceramic pie pans, food safe pottery, or even get a pan made especially for your air fryer.
You can use aluminum pans, or oven safe Pyrex in your air fryer too. Read about more about Air Fryers and Accessories.
The most important thing is that the pans you use fit into your air fryer and leave room for the air to circulate around the pan.
Want to Learn More About Your Air Fryer?
JL’s book, The Vegan Air Fryer is a great introduction to air frying, and there are lots of no oil options. There’s a chapter on air frying 101 that will get you up and running if you’re new. There are staples recipes including a copycat vegan bacon grease for those of you who aren’t oil-free.
You can never have too many cookbooks so be sure to check out my book, Vegan Cooking in Your Air Fryer. Almost all the recipes have oil-free options if they aren’t already oil-free already.
Be sure to check out all the recipe in my post, The Big List of Vegan Air Fryer Recipes.
What If I Don’t Have an Air Fryer?
You can bake it in your oven on 350 degrees until the top is crisp and the middle is hot.
Can I Make this Air Fryer Crumble Without Sugar?
Make this with the sweetener of your choice, to taste. That means taste it without sugar first, because your fruit might be sweet enough on its own. Then add about 1/2 the amount of alternative sweetener if it needed it. Taste again
Can I Make This Without Oil?
I would substitute the aquafaba or applesauce for the oil. Really you just need some liquid to get the crumble topping to stick together a little.
JL's Air Fryer Fruit Crumble
- 1 medium apple finely diced
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries strawberries, or peaches
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons nondairy butter
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F for 5 minutes. Combine the apple and frozen blueberries in an air fryer–safe baking pan or ramekin.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Spoon the flour mixture over the fruit. Sprinkle a little extra flour over everything to cover any exposed fruit. Cook at 350°F for 15 minutes.