My newest book, Vegan Cooking for Your Air Fryer, was released this week and I’m thrilled. If you don’t have an air fryer yet check out my post about different air fryers and their accessories here.
These bow tie chips are so crunchy and remind me of a cheese-cracker. But don’t worry it’s 100% vegan. No air fryer? Try baking them in the oven at 375 degrees until crisp.
Just cook the pasta half way, drain, and toss with the seasoning, then cook for about 10 minutes in your air fryer. Easy peasy!
Air Fryer Bow Tie Pasta Chips
- 2 cups 152 g dry whole wheat bow tie pasta (*use brown rice pasta to make it gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp 15 ml olive oil (**use aquafaba)
- 1 tbsp 7 g nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp 3 g Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook the pasta for 1/2 the time called for on the package. Toss the drained pasta with the olive oil or aquafaba, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Place about half of the mixture in your air fryer basket if yours is small; larger ones may be able to do cook in one batch.
- Cook on 390°F (200°C) for 5 minutes. Shake the basket and cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until crunchy.
- Note: These will crisp up more as they cool.