Did you know that you can use your air fryer to make a single serving dessert? The best part is the texture is just like oven-baked. No more rubbery mug cakes!
You can keep this Vegan Air Fryer Carrot Cake all for yourself or cook a few more mugs at the same time and share with your family.
Thinking of Buying an Air Fryer?
There are many different sizes and price ranges to choose from.
Be sure to look at my recommendations in My Favorite Air Fryers and Accessories article.
But rest assured that you can cook this Vegan Air Fryer Carrot Cake Recipe in any size air fryer that you have.
Did You Know You Can Bake In Your Air Fryer?
An air fryer is actually like a small convection oven that’s a little more powerful.
That makes it perfect to bake small mug cakes like this Air Fryer Carrot Cake Recipe.
Warm air is blown all around the food to keep the temperature steady from all directions, similar to the way food is heated during deep-frying.
In your air fryer, the heating element is above the food and the fan is above that.
What Are the Benefits of an Air Fryer?
Other than making the best mug cake you’ve ever had, I love that you don’t heat up your kitchen as much when you use your air fryer. Summers are hot where I live.
You can make crispy foods without deep frying and that’s great if you’re oil-free or if you just hate deep frying in your own kitchen like me.
See more vegan air fryer recipes in my cookbook, Vegan Cooking in Your Air Fryer. It’s for more than just snacks.
The soy curls are amazing over mashed potatoes covered in a nutritional yeast gravy.
What Kind of Baking Dishes Can I Use in the Air Fryer?
I find lots of small pie pans, mini casserole dishes and large ramekins that are both new and used. You know how much I love thrift store shopping!
I often bake in mugs and other pottery pieces. As long as the glaze is food-safe you are good to go.
Vegan Air Fryer Carrot Cake Recipe Options and Variations
This is just one recipe, but you can use it as a base to make so many different mug cakes.
- Make it oil-free by using mashed bananas or applesauce in place of the oil.
- Switch the walnuts with pecans, or leave the nuts out altogether.
- Use dried cranberries in place of raisins.
- Use shredded zucchini or summer squash as a sub for the carrots.
Vegan Air Fryer Carrot Cake for One
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour , or gluten-free baking mix to make gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar , or sweetener of choice to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- pinch ground allspice
- pinch ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened nondairy milk plus
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins , or chopped dates
- 2 teaspoons mild oil , or use mashed banana or applesauce to make oil-free
- Oil an oven-safe mug (**use a single serving size nonstick pan to keep it no oil added).
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt then mix well
- with a fork. It’s important to mix well so that the baking powder is evenly distributed.
- Next add the milk, carrot, walnuts, raisins, and oil then mix again. Bake at 350 degrees
- for 15 minutes. Check with a fork to make sure the middle is cooked. If not, cook 5
- minutes more.