Cheryl insists on having a Tofurky a few times a year and I have always enjoyed them. I know some of you are not a fan of faux meats and if that’s you head over to this post on Vegan Slow Cooker Veggie Loaf or make my plant based Vegan Thanksgiving Casserole and Gravy.
I think that the older we get the more we crave food from out past. Being vegan means that while I won’t eat some traditional foods, I love veganizing some of those familiar flavors. A protein with stuffing, veggies and mashed potatoes can work with a few tweaks for everyone.
Even More Tofurky…
In addition to my slow cooker recipe below, be sure to check out this list of Tofurky recipes I’ve compiled. It has something for everyone. I have to admit that I love this Slow Cooker Maple Herb Tofurky recipe the best.
More Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
Even if you make this recipe you’re probably going to make a few more. Here are some of my favorites and at the end of the list are a few roundup posts that have a ton to choose from.
- Vegan Thanksgiving Casserole and Gravy
- Easy Thanksgiving Dinner for Two
- Vegan Slow Cooker Veggie Loaf
- Holiday Sweet Potato Casserole
- Gluten-free Vegan Teff Stuffing with Roasted Butternut Squash
- Thanksgiving Potato Stuffing Balls with a Cranberry Center
- Creamy Vegan Greens
- 7 Vegan Thanksgiving Dressings
- The Only Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes You Need
- Vegan Thanksgiving Pies
- 1 Tofurkey
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Better than Boullion vegetable flavor, or 2 homemade vegetable bouillon cubes
- 3/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoons black pepper
- Place the tofurky in your 2 to 3 quart slow cooker. Mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over the Tofurky.
- Cook on low 7 to 9 hours. If you are at home you can turn the roast over once or twice, but it's fine if you don't. Just make sure to pour gravy over all the servings.