Start your day with a flavor-packed breakfast with our Orange Flower, Pistachio, and Date Oatmeal. This recipe combines the nutty flavor of pistachios, the sweetness of dates, and the subtle floral hint of orange flower water, creating a delightful morning meal.
Using rolled oats, this oatmeal cuts the cooking time to minutes, offering a delicious, nourishing, and time-efficient breakfast option.
You all know how much I love my oatmeal, and I wake up every morning ready to have a delicious bowl!
Rolled oats are sometimes underrated, but almost anyone can fit them into a morning routine. Why are they called rolled? Rolled oats are lightly steamed and then put through a roller.
Rolled oats are quick and easy since they cook on the stove in only 5 minutes. I love that!
If you grew up on instant oatmeal, you’ll find that Old Fashioned Rolled Oats have a slightly chewier, appealing texture.
I chose a Middle Eastern flavor profile for my bowl. The main additions are pistachios, dates, and cinnamon. But the agave nectar (or use maple or date syrup) mixed with the orange flower water is a powerhouse of flavor.
It adds sweetness, and the flower aroma will brighten up your whole day.
Here are Some Homemade Plant Milk to Make
- Homemade Instant Pot Almond Milk
- Pecan Milk
- Strawberry Oat Milk
- Almond Cashew Milk
- Coconut Oat Vanilla Nut Vegan Coffee Creamer
- Slow Cooker Apple Spice Creamer
- Cashew Almond Vegan Creamer
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Cashew Creamer
- YouTube Plant Milk Recipes
Orange Flower, Pistachio, and Date Oatmeal w/ Rolled Oats
- 1 3/4 cup water or unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or substitute maple syrup or date syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon orange flower water or substitute rose water
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios or substitute cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or substitute cardamon
- Bring the water to a boil then add the rolled. oats and cook for about 5 minutes or until the oatmeal has absorbed the water and the oats are tender. If you'd like, stir in a pinch of salt.
- Add the orange flower water to the sweetener you choose and mix well.
- Divide the cooked oats into 2 bowls and divide the pistachios and dates between them.
- Drizzle the orange flower water and agave mixture over the top – just use the amount you like to sweeten your oats with.
- You can always save any leftovers for next time. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!