I’m so excited – I think this Vegan Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal is the best oatmeal I have ever made. I’ve made a ton of oatmeal recipes that I’ve fallen in love with, but I think I need to make this recipe more often. It really tastes and acts like a proper Carrot Cake. Granted, the texture is a little denser, but all the flavors – including icing – are there!
I Love Oatmeal!
Oatmeal is my favorite breakfast. This vegan baked carrot cake oatmeal feels so decadent, but there’s even a veggie in there!
If you aren’t in the mood to make baked oatmeal be sure to try my Blackberry Mojito Overnight Oats, or Orange Flower, Pistachio, and Date OatmealOrange Flower, Pistachio, and Date Oatmeal that cooks on the stove top, or use your slow cooker to make my Vanilla Fig Oatmeal with Baklava ToppingVanilla Fig Oatmeal with Baklava Topping.
Just so you know this post is sponsored by Nancy’s Organic Cultured Soy. It’s my favorite soy yogurt, but unfortunately I can’t get it in my area anymore. If it’s in yours please eat some for me! They just came out with some Oat Yogurt and that would work in this recipe too.
Why Make Vegan Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal?
There’s not a more satisfying breakfast than oatmeal on any morning. This recipe for Baked Orange Carrot Cake Oatmeal is delicious enough to serve for dessert and healthy enough you can pat yourself on the back for making it. I have to admit to eating it for breakfast and dessert!
Nancy’s is a little tangier than Whole Soy was and it’s thicker too. The vanilla is sweetened with some maple syrup and the fruit flavors use organic kosher white grape juice. There is no cane sugar in any of them.
Do I Have to Use Soy Yogurt?
I know that some of you are allergic to soy, so feel free to use a different vegan vanilla yogurt. There are so many choices these days like almond, cashew, oat, and even hemp vegan yogurt.
What Do I Need to Look Out For If I’m Gluten-free?
If you are gluten-free, make sure that the oats you buy are clearly marked gluten-free on the package. Oats do not naturally contain gluten, but they are often cross-contaminated with gluten.
How Long Will Baked Oatmeal Last in the Fridge?
It should last 5 to 6 days as long as your fridge is very cold.
Can Baked Oatmeal Be Frozen?
Yes, you could make the oatmeal part, or a double batch, and freeze it. I would not make the topping until you’re ready to serve it though.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups nondairy milk
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed mixed with 4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 6 ounce containers of Vanilla Nancy's Organic Cultured Soy
- a sprinkle of chopped walnuts
- a drizzle of maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Oil a medium casserole dish or line with parchment paper to make it oil-free.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Next, add the wet ingredients to a small mixing bowl and combine well. Finally, add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole pan and smooth it even with a spatula. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. It will be wetter than a real cake, but as long as it's as thick as bread pudding, it's good to go.
- Top each serving with ½ small container of Vanilla Nancy's Organic Cultured Soy to serve as your icing.
- You can also sprinkle chopped walnuts and drizzle a little maple syrup to make the most impressive breakfast you've ever served your family!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 363Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 4mgSodium 236mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 3gSugar 21gProtein 5g
Nutrition information is provided from nutritionix.com as a close estimate. If you have specific health issues please put the recipe information, including the exact ingredients you use, into the nutritional calculator your Dr. recommends.
More Recipes to Try
- Vegan Carrot Koftas in Easy Blender Coconut Indian Sauce
- Turtle Butter: Pecans, Chocolate, Dates and Maple Syrup