These Blackberry Mojito Oats are more than just your basic overnight oats recipe and is my favorite warm weather oatmeal. I like to makes overnight oats in a jar for 3 days at a time, so I just grab from the fridge and go during the week.
Easy overnight oats are a great way to start your day. This recipe is without (vegan) yogurt, so it’s a little thinner than you may be used to. You can add more oats, less liquid, or ad in some vegan yogurt to make them thicker if you prefer.
If you don’t imbibe you can leave out the rum, or use a rum flavoring instead. Regular vanilla extract is made with an alcohol base so you’re not really adding any extra alcohol if you decide to add the rum.
There are other great oatmeal recipes in OATrageous Oatmeals for all kinds of unusual and delicious recipes, so make sure to take a peek! You can get plenty of oatmeal recipes on the blog here too. I have instant pot oatmeal, slow cooker oatmeal, and more recipes made with oats!
Blackberry Mojito Overnight Oats from OATrageous Oatmeals
- 1 cup blackberries cut in 1⁄2 if large
- 1 ⁄2 cup 120 ml unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 ⁄3 cup 31 g rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 1⁄8 teaspoon mint extract
- zest from 1⁄2 lime or 1⁄4 teaspoon lime oil
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon rum or rum extract optional
- 1 tablespoon agave to taste (or your choice of sweetener, to taste)
- Add all the ingredients in a mason jar or a dish with a cover. Mix well and let sit in the fridge overnight. Stir and eat.
Recipes You Might Like
- 4 Slow Cooker Oatmeals Make Tonight for Tomorrow’s Breakfast!
- 7 Quick and Easy Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Start Your Day Off Gently By Doing These 3 Things