These Blackberry Mojito Oats are more than just your basic overnight oats recipe and is my favorite warm weather oatmeal. I like to makes overnight oats in a jar for 3 days at a time, so I just grab from the fridge and go during the week.
Easy overnight oats are a great way to start your day. This recipe is without (vegan) yogurt, so it’s a little thinner than you may be used to. You can add more oats, less liquid, or ad in some vegan yogurt to make them thicker if you prefer.
If you don’t imbibe you can leave out the rum, or use a rum flavoring instead. Regular vanilla extract is made with an alcohol base so you’re not really adding any extra alcohol if you decide to add the rum.
There are other great oatmeal recipes in OATrageous Oatmeals for all kinds of unusual and delicious recipes, so make sure to take a peek! You can get plenty of oatmeal recipes on the blog here too. I have instant pot oatmeal, slow cooker oatmeal, and more recipes made with oats!
- 1 cup blackberries, cut in 1⁄2 if large
- 1 ⁄2 cup, 120 ml unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 ⁄3 cup, 31 g rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 1⁄8 teaspoon mint extract
- zest from 1⁄2 lime or 1⁄4 teaspoon lime oil
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon rum or rum extract, optional
- 1 tablespoon agave, to taste (or your choice of sweetener, to taste)
- Add all the ingredients in a mason jar or a dish with a cover. Mix well and let sit in the fridge overnight. Stir and eat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 268Saturated Fat 4gSodium 105mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 12gSugar 9gProtein 9g
Recipes You Might Like
- 4 Slow Cooker Oatmeals Make Tonight for Tomorrow’s Breakfast!
- 7 Quick and Easy Vegan Breakfast Recipes
- Start Your Day Off Gently By Doing These 3 Things