The Vegan Slow Cooker for Two or Just You comes out tomorrow so will you join me in some overnight breakfast burritos to celebrate?
Sometimes even I need a change from oatmeal. Make this burrito filling right before you go to bed, and it will even let you sleep in. (Add extra water if you’ll sleep in longer than 9 hours.) If you have leftovers, prep extra burritos and store in fridge or freezer for busy weekday mornings.
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 7 ounces tofu, crumbled (no need to press)
- 2 tablespoons cooked onion (page 19)
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole-wheat burrito-sized tortillas, **use gluten-free
- The night before: Add black beans through smoked paprika and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- In the morning: Taste and add salt and pepper. If your tortillas are stiff, put them one at a time over the mixture in the slow cooker and steam them into submission.
- Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto the tortillas.
- Add any extras you’d like, roll up, and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 2 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 1828Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 14mgSodium 836mgCarbohydrates 338gFiber 65gSugar 6gProtein 92g
Nutrition information is provided from nutritionix.com as a close estimate. If you have specific health issues please put the recipe information, including the exact ingredients you use, into the nutritional calculator your Dr. recommends.
Get more recipe for your 1 1/2 to 2 quart slow cookers:
- in my book, The Vegan Slow Cooker for Two or Just You
- 6 Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes for 2-Quart Crockpots
- Slow Cooker Lentil Quinoa Taco Filling