This is not only a knee-knocking dessert worthy of a campfire story, it’s quite gruesome too. This Forbidden Rice Mousse is a horror-worthy end to your Halloween meal!
This wholesome chocolate dessert is simply made with chocolate chips, coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla and black forbidden rice. Cook it in your 1 1/2 to 2 quart slow cooker and thickens up a ton in the fridge.
Mine was runny before I put it into the fridge but still came out in a super-thick mousse. Make it thinner by using less rice, but again don’t be nervous that it’s not set up at all before you put it in the fridge.
Your little monsters will love it before and after they go trick or treating!
- 1 14 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup forbidden rice, use less to make thinner pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a 1½ to 2 quart slow cooker, add all the ingredients and cook on high for 2½ to 3 hours.
- It will still be runny and the black rice will not be as soft as white rice would be in the pudding – it will be more al dente.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours, so the mixture thickens
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Saturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 8mgCarbohydrates 16gSugar 7gProtein 1g