What’s more refreshing than a mango lassi? Vegan Mango Lassi Popsicles! The flavors keep to the traditional lassi with mango, and yogurt with a hint of sweetness, rosewater and cardamom.
You can use any vegan yogurt you’d like for this, but the tangier, the better. I used a plain soy yogurt, but you can also use an unsweetened plain yogurt if you want to control the kind of sweetener you use. Stevia, monkfruit, agave and even simple syrup made with vegan sugar would all work.
These are so simple to throw together. Recently, I learned an easy way to peel a mango and wanted to share it with you. It’s demoed in the video above. Once you cut the cheeks off your mango, use a glass with a thin edge to scrape the pulp away from the skin.
It’s so much faster than scoring the mango and then using a knife to slice the pulp off. I cut my mango cheeks in half lengthwise first to make it even easier. If you have a good mango tip be sure to leave it in the comments so we can all be as smart as you!
I used my Tovolo rocket pop molds for these. I have to admit that I’m surprised about some of the comments I get on Facebook when I post a popsicle. All I have to say about that is sometimes a rocket pop is just a rocket pop. I can assure you that there are no hidden messages here, only a delicious and cooling way to have breakfast or a treat.
Serves: makes about 6 to 8 medium popsicles
- 1½ cups chopped mango (about 2 small mangos)
- 1 cup plain vegan soy or coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (or sweetener of your choice, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and puree until smooth.
- Fill up popsicle molds and freeze at least 8 hours. Run cold water over the molds to release the popsicles. Enjoy!