I was in Chicago last week and really missed my breakfast popsicles! I decided to make Vanilla Latte Rocket Pops this time so I can alternate it with my Lavender London Fog Popsicles. I think that between the both of them, this already too hot summer will be bearable.
For these pops I made the nondairy milk mixture from scratch. You can skip it if you just can’t wait to make them and use the pre-made sweetened vanilla nondairy milk of your choice. However, I encourage you to give the almond, cashew, oat milk a try. It’s a thicker mixture and I think that makes a better popsicle.
I always have coffee concentrate on hand and if you have ground coffee and a French press it’s almost effortless to make. No French press? Mix the coffee grounds and water in a mason jar instead, then strain with a nut milk bag. You can get my recipe for DIY coffee concentrate here.
I used an old William Sonoma rocket pop mold for these, and it looks like you can still purchase it here. I like that you use wooden sticks with it, but since all the popsicles are in a one piece mold they aren’t the easiest to get out.
Make sure that those wooden sticks stay straight or you’ll have a hard time getting the metal top off. I had one get sneaky and go out at an angle.
Vegan Vanilla Latte Rocket Pops
milk ingredients (can use 2 cups premade sweetened vanilla nondairy milk instead):
- 5 dates
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/8 cup cashews
- 1/8 cup steel cut oats or rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 drops vanilla stevia or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/2 cup [url]coffee concentrate∞https://healthyslowcooking.com/2014/09/08/make-your-own-coffee-concentrate/[/url] or very strong brewed coffee that's chilled
- Make the nondairy milk base:Add the milk ingredients to your blender and let sit 6 hours to overnight.
- Blend well and strain through a fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag. Save pulp in the fridge and use within 4 days in dog treats or baked goods.
- Note: If you can't wait to make your pops go ahead and use 2 cups of sweetened vanilla nondairy milk that you have on hand.
- Make the popsicles:Mix the vanilla, sweetener and coffee concentrate into the strained milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 8 hours. Now you have a breakfast popsicle to start your day with!