What’s more refreshing than a mango lassi? Vegan Mango Lassi Popsicles! The flavors keep to the traditional lassi with mango, and yogurt with a hint of sweetness, rosewater and cardamom.
You can use any vegan yogurt you’d like for this, but the tangier, the better. I used a plain soy yogurt, but you can also use an unsweetened plain yogurt if you want to control the kind of sweetener you use. Stevia, monkfruit, agave and even simple syrup made with vegan sugar would all work.
These are so simple to throw together. Recently, I learned an easy way to peel a mango and wanted to share it with you. It’s demoed in the video above. Once you cut the cheeks off your mango, use a glass with a thin edge to scrape the pulp away from the skin.
It’s so much faster than scoring the mango and then using a knife to slice the pulp off. I cut my mango cheeks in half lengthwise first to make it even easier. If you have a good mango tip be sure to leave it in the comments so we can all be as smart as you!
I used my Tovolo rocket pop molds for these. You can use any popsicle mold you like to make these. They are a delicious and cooling way to have breakfast or a treat.
Vegan Mango Lassi Popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mango about 2 small mangos
- 1 cup plain vegan soy or coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or sweetener of your choice, to taste
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and puree until smooth.
- Fill up popsicle molds and freeze at least 8 hours. Run cold water over the molds to release the popsicles. Enjoy!
More Recipes to Try
- The Elvis Popsicle – Vegan Banana Peanut Butter Fudgsicles
- 7 Easy Vegan Homemade Popsicles
- 10 Vegan Blueberry Recipes for All Those Fresh Blueberries in Your Fridge!
- Slow Cook Your Kitchen Cool with 3 Vegan Refried Bean Recipes