The Vegan Slow Cooker for Two or Just You comes out tomorrow so will you join me in some overnight breakfast burritos to celebrate?
Sometimes even I need a change from oatmeal. Make this burrito filling right before you go to bed, and it will even let you sleep in. (Add extra water if you’ll sleep in longer than 9 hours.) If you have leftovers, prep extra burritos and store in fridge or freezer for busy weekday mornings.
Here’s more breakfast dishes from The Vegan Slow Cooker for Two or Just You:
- Pear Rose Cardamom Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Caramel Breakfast Barley
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownie Breakfast Quinoa
- Pumpkin Polenta
- Winter-Spiced Butternut Squash Pecan French Toast
- Overnight Tofu Root Vegetable Hash
- Wake Up to Bananas Foster for Breakfast
- Vanilla Hazelnut Creamer
- Blueberry Coconut Coffee Creamer
- Apple Chai Oat Groats
- Indian Carrot Halwa Oatmeal
Serves: 1 cup
Fat: 3.3 g
- 1½ cups (258 g) cooked or 1 can (15 ounces, or 425 g) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 7 ounces (200 g) tofu, crumbled (no need to press)
- 2 tablespoons (11 g) cooked onion (page 19)
- 2 tablespoons (19 g) green pepper, minced
- ¾ cup (175 ml) water
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole-wheat burrito-sized tortillas (**use gluten-free)
- Extras: salsa, vegan sour cream, Cashew Cream (page 28) or *Extra-Thick Silken Tofu Sour Cream (page 28), shredded vegan cheese (*omit to make oil-fee), lettuce, avocado, etc.
- The night before: Add black beans through smoked paprika and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- In the morning: Taste and add salt and pepper. If your tortillas are stiff, put them one at a time over the mixture in the slow cooker and steam them into submission.
- Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto the tortillas.
- Add any extras you’d like, roll up, and serve.