This Vegan Air Fryer French Toast is from my new book, Vegan Cooking in Your Air Fryer, and is perfect for a weekend brunch or even a breakfast for dinner.
My recipe is coated with a nut oat mixture to make it extra crunchy and I think you’re going to love it!
Can I Make Air Fryer French Toast Gluten-Free?
You can use your favorite bread, then coat it in an oat nut mixture. Make it gluten-free by using a gluten-free bread and oats that are clearly labeled gluten-free.
Can I Make Vegan Air Fryer French Toast Without an Air Fryer?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake this on a baking pan in a 350 degree oven until crispy, about 15 minutes on each side.
Buying a New Air Fryer?
If you are looking for advice on buying an air fryer I talk about my favorites in this article.
Vegan Cooking in Your Air Fryer: Nutty French Toast
gluten-free option*, soy-free, no oil added
French toast is a perfect way to start a weekend. This recipe takes it over the top with crunchy pecans and crispy oats. You can cut the bread into fingers to make them even more fun to eat!
- Makes a little over 2 cups - enough for 10 - 12 pieces of toast
- 1 cup 99g rolled oats
- 1 cup 113g pecans, or nut of your choice
- 2 tablespoons 12g ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon 2g ground cinnamon
- 8 pieces of whole grain vegan bread, regular or cinnamon raisin (*use gluten-free bread)
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk, plain or vanilla
- maple syrup, for serving
- Make the topping by adding the oats, nuts, flax seed and cinnamon to your food processor and pulse until it looks similar to bread crumbs. Do not over blend. Pour into a shallow pan that's large enough to dip your bread slices in.
- Add the nondairy milk to a second container, then soak one or two pieces of the bread for about 15 seconds, turn and soak the other side. You don't want to leave it long enough to become mushy.
- Place the amount that fits into your air fryer basket at once time without overlapping. Cook at 350 degrees for 3 minutes, then flip the bread and cook 3 more minutes.
- Repeat until all the bread is coated and cooked.
- Serve topped with maple syrup.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Got to Be NC Air Fried Tofu Rancheros with Veggies and Little Face Salsa
- My Favorite Air Fryers and Accessories
- Your New Fav Snack: Air Fryer Bow Tie Pasta Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Seitan Vegan Riblets
Hi Kathy – do you have a particular air fryer that you recommend? I am wishing in that direction!
Kathy Hester says
I spent today writing a post about that and air fryer accessories. I went ahead and published it now and you can see it here:
Ruth Barwick says
Just made your french toast recipe for the air fryer. I believe something is missing – when do you dip the bread into the crumb mixture and what makes it stick? What did I misread? Thank you.
Kathy Hester says
You did the bread in the liquid mixture before the crumb mixture and that’s what helps it stay on. I also pat the crumbs on with my hands to help them adhere.
I was going to ask the same thing. The recipe does not say this part. I have the recipe in your book and was thinking something must be missing. Thanks for the clarification.