This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Whole Earth Sweetener Co.. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’ve started to get ready for the holidays and receiving a shipment of sweeteners from Whole Earth Sweetener Co. put me in the mood for making some healthier sweets. I also got a ton of beautiful, fresh cranberries and knew I had to make something delicious with them. That’s how this Vegan Pear and Cranberry Instant Pot Cake came to be.
When you make a cake in your Instant Pot using its pressure cooker setting, it comes out super moist and a little heavy – almost like an English steamed pudding.
I used the Whole Earth Sweetener Agave 50, which is a mixture of agave and stevia. I love it because I usually combine the two together in baking so this was perfect for me!
Whole Earth Sweetener Agave 50 has 50% fewer calories than agave per serving. I love the fact that it’s organic and Non-GMO Project Verified. In addition to baking with it, Agave 50 is great in cocktails and as a pancake topping.
Don’t Use Agave or Stevia?
No worries. You can substitute the sweetener of your choice to suit your taste. I recommend using a liquid sweetener, because if you use a dry one
Now back to the cake and the recipe you’ll definitely want to make for your family! It’s full of whole grains, fresh pear and cranberry too. Depending on your pear’s ripeness you may want to use a little more or less sweetener.
If they are very ripe use less and if they aren’t very ripe you may need to use more. Just taste the batter before you put it in the pan.
Speaking of pans, this one uses a 6 to 7-inch mini bundt pan (or springform pan) that fits in your Instant Pot.
Also, do not forget to add the 1 1/2 cups of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot and put in your rack to cook this cake. You always have to have water in it if you aren’t cooking something liquid.
Vegan Pear and Cranberry Instant Pot Cake
- 1 1/4 cup 150 g whole wheat pastry flour (*use a gluten-free baking mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup Whole Earth Sweetener Agave 50
- 2 tablespoons 14 g ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons mild oil or **use applesauce to make oil-free
- 1 cup chopped pear
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Oil a 6 or 7-inch bundt pan and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Then mix all the wet ingredients in a large measuring cup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Fold in the mix-ins.
- Spread the cake mixture into your prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Put the steel insert into your Instant Pot, add the water into the bottom along with the stainless steel steam rack with handles that came with your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on with the vent closed and cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Once the pressure indicator goes down, remove the lid, carefully lift out the pan and remove the foil that’s covering the pan.
- Let cool before removing the cake from the pan and/or cutting.