This holiday coffee has the spiciness of gingerbread with just a hint of molasses. It’s a perfect way to warm up while you are cozy on the couch or after a walk in the snow.
I still make this with cold brewed coffee and you can get the super simple how to make it here. Cold brewed coffee is less acidic and much easier on your stomach. Plus, once you make the concentrate it can stay in the fridge all week. It’s perfect for a quick iced coffee and easy to heat up for a hot coffee too.
I make my cold brewed coffee concentrate in a French Press. You can buy more expensive options if you want to, but they aren’t necessary. In fact, if you don’t have a French Press you can use a Mason jar and a fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag.
If you are a hot coffee brewer, then go ahead and use double the amount of regular brewed coffee. Cold brew is usually double strength.
Slow Cooker Gingerbread Latte
- 1/4 cup 63ml cold brewed coffee concentrate or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee
- 2 cup 500ml unsweetened nondairy milk (you can use vanilla or plain just adjust sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon molasses optional, but makes it really taste like gingerbread
- Sweetener to taste: brown sugar stevia, agave nectar, or maple syrup, etc.
- I used 1/2 packet Nu-Stevia
- Put everything but sweetener in the slow cooker.
- Add molasses. Whisk until ingredients are well combined.
- Taste and add your choice of sweetener until it's the way you like your latte.
- Cook for 3 hours on low or 1 1⁄2 to 2 hours on high. You are just heating it, so you could also do this on the stove top if you are in a hurry.