Posted by Kathy Hesterhttps://healthyslowcooking.com/lemon-balm-mint-blueberry-smoothie/
© 2018 . All rights reserved.
Lemon Balm Mint Blueberry Smoothie
Use up some of your mint and lemon balm in this easy green smoothie. Don't have any lemon balm? You can use lemon verbena, lemon basil and you can also replace it with some lemon zest or extract.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla nondairy milk
- 5 lemon balm leaves
- 10 mint leaves (I used ginger mint, but any variety would be tasty)
- 1 1/2 cup assorted greens (I used baby kale and leaf lettuce)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 large frozen banana
- sweetener of choice, to taste (I used a drop or 2 of stevia)
- Add the nondairy milk, herbs and greens to your blender. Blend until smooth. (Note you can also add chia seeds, flaxseed, or protein powder in this step if you want.)
- Once that's nice and smooth add the blueberries and banana and blend until smooth. If you have a Vitamix you may need to use your plunger on this final step or if your blender is not very powerful you may have to add some additional nondairy milk.