Granola is one of my favorite things to have on hand for a quick breakfast or snack. I really enjoy creating granola recipes – I made some tasty ones for my new book including chocolate hazelnut and bourbon pecan. I also branched out into some savory granolas – and have fallen in love with those too.
I’m sharing the recipe for Curry Cashew Savory Granola and it’s amazing on plain coconut or soy yogurt. Savory granola is great as a salad topping, sprinkled on pasta or as a snack by the handful.
You could try making a vegan yogurt dressing with some garam masala and throw in some cooked garbanzo beans to make it a well-rounded meal topped with this crunchy topping.
Curry Cashew Savory Granola From OATrageous Oatmeals
- 2 tablespoons 14 g ground flaxseed
- mixed with 4 tablespoons 59 ml warm
- 1 cup 92 g rolled oats (*make sure oats are marked gluten-free)
- 3 tablespoons 45 ml olive oil (**replace oil with 1 tablespoon [15 g] ground
- flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons [30 ml] warm water in addition to the amount above)
- 1 ⁄3 cup 55 g golden raisins
- 1 ⁄3 cup 26 g finely shredded coconut
- 1 ⁄3 cup 43 g minced cashews nuts
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C) and either oil a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients but the salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix well, then add salt to taste.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet and press thin. You should have one large, flat
- piece about 1/4 to 1⁄8-inch thin. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges are browned and the middle is no longer wet.
- Let cool on cookie sheet and break it up into large or small chunks with your hands.
Use to top salads or plain yogurt, or just eat by the handful for a snack!