I decided to make Cajun Pecan-Crusted Air Fryer Fishless Filets. I added a tasty coating on to the outside made of minced pecans, cornmeal, and a little bit of ground flax seed. You won’t believe how tasty they are with pecans and some Cajun seasoning.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of GardeinTM. The opinions, recipe, and text are all mine.
Looking for a Quick Vegan Meal Option?
I always have a few packages stashed in the freezer for nights that I need to get dinner on the table quickly and with little effort. It’s easy to find in most grocery stores, and Kroger always stocks them in the frozen aisle, usually near the frozen breakfast items.
Is Gardein Guten-Free?
There are a few varieties that are gluten free, but the crispy tenders and fishless fillets are not. If you can’t have gluten try my Vegan Air Fryer Southern Fried “Chicken” Soy Curls in it’s place.
How Do You Air Fry Gardein Fishless Filets?
It’s so easy and I think it produces the best texture of all the cooking methods. When I’m air frying Gardein or any other frozen meat replacements I start cooking in 5 minute increments on 375 degrees. Just check every 5 minutes the first time and you’ll never overcook anything.
How Can You Use Gardein Crispy Tenders?
I use the Crispy Tenders to top salads, in tacos, and we even eat as is with a bbq sauce dip. This is still so much better than getting take-out fries on the way home.
All Gardein products are made from non-GMO soy and wheat, plus ancient grains and veggies.
How Do You Use Gardein Fishless Filets?
For my recipe that I’m sharing with you today, I used Gardein’s Fishless Filets. When I’m in a hurry I make a quick vegan tartar sauce with vegan Mayo and dill relish with a pinch of ground celery seed. Then I toast a whole grain bun and make myself a vegan fishless sandwich.
The Fishless Filets have a crisp crust on the outside and are moist and flakey on the inside. I decided to add on to the outside with a thick coating made of minced pecans, cornmeal, and a little bit of ground flax seed.
How Do You Cook Frozen Gardein Products?
I usually heat all the Gardein products we eat in the air fryer, but they can also be cooked in your oven, microwave, or stove top in a sauté pan. No matter which cooking method you choose, they are cooked in minutes.
- 1 10.1 oz/ 288g Package Gardein Golden Fishless Filets
For the coating
- 3/4 cup minced pecans
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely ground cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
- Remove the package of Gardein Golden Fishless Filets from the freezer while you prepare the coating.
- Mix the pecans, cornmeal, flaxseed, water, and Cajun seasoning blend in a small bowl that will fit a whole fillet. Once mixed together it will be a very thick batter.
- Using your hands, press the coating on the top and bottom of a filet, then as you flatten it with your palms cover the edges as well. Get small bit of the batter as you need to cover the whole filet.
- Once coated, place on a piece of parchment paper cut for your air fryer that leaves 1 inch around the inside of the basket for the air to flow through. (alternatively, you can use round dumpling parchment paper with holes.
- Repeat until the basket is full but not crowded. Cook at 390 degrees (or 400 degrees depending on how high your air fryer goes), for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until the center is piping hot. (Check this by putting a fork in the center and carefully touching it.)
- Note: If you have a small air fryer you may need to make this in 2 batches.
- I recommend serving with rice and hot sauce. I used my Instant Pot dirty rice recipe and you can find it here.
- One serving is 2 filets, but with the pecan coating you may find that light eaters only need one. This recipe makes a total of 6 filets.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 27mgSodium 383mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 5gSugar 1gProtein 12g
Nutrition information is provided from nutritionix.com as a close estimate. If you have specific health issues please put the recipe information, including the exact ingredients you use, into the nutritional calculator your Dr. recommends.