This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of GardeinTM. The opinions, recipe, and text are all mine.
I always have a few packages stashed in the freezer for nights that I need to get dinner on the table quickly and with little effort. It’s easy to find in most grocery stores, and Kroger always stocks them in the frozen aisle, usually near the frozen breakfast items.
One of Cheryl’s favorites is their Crispy Tenders. I heat them in the air fryer, but they can also be cooked in your oven, microwave, or stove top in a sauté pan. No matter which cooking method you choose, they are cooked in minutes.
I use the Crispy Tenders to top salads, in tacos, and we even eat as is with a bbq sauce dip. This is still so much better than getting take-out fries on the way home.
All Gardein products are made from non-GMO soy and wheat, plus ancient grains and veggies. Gardein is guaranteeing you’ll love it or get your money back. Visit GardeinDelightGuarantee.com for details!
For my recipe that I’m sharing with you today, I used Gardein’s Fishless Filets. When I’m in a hurry I make a quick vegan tartar sauce with vegan Mayo and dill relish with a pinch of ground celery seed. Then I toast a whole grain bun and make myself a vegan fishless sandwich.
The Fishless Filets have a crisp crust on the outside and are moist and flakey on the inside. I decided to add on to the outside with a thick coating made of minced pecans, cornmeal, and a little bit of ground flax seed.
The batter for the coating is extra thick and you will need to grab a bit and mold it with your hands onto each Fishless Filet. Once you air fry them, the coating will firm up, and you won’t believe how tasty they are with pecans and some Cajun seasoning.
Air Fryer Cajun Pecan Crusted Gardein Fishless Filets
- 1 10.1 oz/ 288g Package Gardein Golden Fishless Filets
For the coating
- 3/4 cup minced pecans
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely ground cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend
- Remove the package of Gardein Golden Fishless Filets from the freezer while you prepare the coating.
- Mix the pecans, cornmeal, flaxseed, water, and Cajun seasoning blend in a small bowl that will fit a whole fillet. Once mixed together it will be a very thick batter.
- Using your hands, press the coating on the top and bottom of a filet, then as you flatten it with your palms cover the edges as well. Get small bit of the batter as you need to cover the whole filet.
- Once coated, place on a piece of parchment paper cut for your air fryer that leaves 1 inch around the inside of the basket for the air to flow through. (alternatively, you can use round dumpling parchment paper with holes.
- Repeat until the basket is full but not crowded. Cook at 390 degrees (or 400 degrees depending on how high your air fryer goes), for 10 minutes. Flip and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until the center is piping hot. (Check this by putting a fork in the center and carefully touching it.)
- Note: If you have a small air fryer you may need to make this in 2 batches.
- I recommend serving with rice and hot sauce. I used my Instant Pot dirty rice recipe and you can find it here.
- One serving is 2 filets, but with the pecan coating you may find that light eaters only need one. This recipe makes a total of 6 filets.