More goodies from The Vegan Slow Cooker for Two or Just You. The book comes out in two days so to celebrate let’s have a virtual book launch party with some soy-free, gluten-free and oil-free vegan fondue!
This deceptively simple dip fits in the grooviest ’70s fondue party and works just as well as a weeknight meal. You can serve it with steamed veggies, toasted bread cubes, or tempeh. Another great way to dress it up is to mix in some green or puréed veggies, which you can vary each time you make it.
More dips from The Vegan Slow Cooker for Two or Just You:
- Eggplant Tapenade
- Almond and Great Northern Bean Fondue
- Simple Red Pepper Garlic Bean Dip
- Easier-than-Pizza Dip
- Mix-and-Match Southwest Fondue
- Can’t-Be-Beat Curried Bean Dip
- morning ingredients:
- 1¼ cups (285 ml) water
- ½ cup (55 g) slivered almonds
- ¼ cup (48 g) dried great northern beans
- evening ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- for the dippers:
- Toasted bread cubes
- Steamed baby carrots
- Steamed broccoli
- Seared pressed tofu cubes
- Steamed tempeh
- In the morning: Add the morning ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving: Carefully pour the contents of the slow cooker into your blender. Add the evening ingredients and purée until smooth.
- You can pour the mixture back into the slow cooker and turn to warm. That way you can dip your goodies right into the slow cooker.