More goodies from The Vegan Slow Cooker for Two or Just You.
This deceptively simple dip fits into the grooviest ’70s fondue party and works just as well as a weeknight meal. You can serve it with steamed veggies, toasted bread cubes, or tempeh. Another great way to dress it up is to mix in some green or puréed veggies, which you can vary each time you make it.
Almond And Great Northern Bean Fondue
soy-free, gluten-free, oil-free This recipe uses a 1½- to 2-quart slow cooker (like all the recipes in Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just You)
- 1 1/4 cups (285 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (55 g) slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (48 g) dried great northern beans
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
for the dippers
- Toasted bread cubes
- Steamed baby carrots
- Steamed broccoli
- Seared pressed tofu cubes
- Steamed tempeh
- In the morning: Add the morning ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving: Carefully pour the contents of the slow cooker into your blender. Add the evening ingredients and purée until smooth.
- You can pour the mixture back into the slow cooker and turn to warm. That way you can dip your goodies right into the slow cooker.