More goodies from The Vegan Slow Cooker for Two or Just You.
This deceptively simple dip fits into the grooviest ’70s fondue party and works just as well as a weeknight meal. You can serve it with steamed veggies, toasted bread cubes, or tempeh. Another great way to dress it up is to mix in some green or puréed veggies, which you can vary each time you make it.
- 1 1/4 cups 285 ml water
- 1/2 cup 55 g slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup 48 g dried great northern beans
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
for the dippers
- Toasted bread cubes
- Steamed baby carrots
- Steamed broccoli
- Seared pressed tofu cubes
- Steamed tempeh
- In the morning: Add the morning ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Before serving: Carefully pour the contents of the slow cooker into your blender. Add the evening ingredients and purée until smooth.
- You can pour the mixture back into the slow cooker and turn to warm. That way you can dip your goodies right into the slow cooker.
Amount Per Serving Calories 130Saturated Fat 1gSodium 258mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 4gSugar 1gProtein 6g