I got the rosewater a while ago, so it was about time for me to make an oatmeal with it. I love how the rose taste goes perfectly with the bergamot in the Earl Grey tea.
I know the picture doesn’t show much, but all the tasty goodness is inside – I promise! I garnished it with chopped pistachios but it tastes fine with or without them. Later in the season I would use organic rose petals from my one death-defying rosebush instead.
You can use green or black Earl Grey tea, but you can’t leave the tea bags in the oatmeal over night or it will be very bitter. Instead warm the nondairy milk on the stove, then steep the tea bags for the recommended amount of time (black tea around 4 minutes, or green tea about 3 minutes). Remove them and uses the infused milk to cook the oatmeal with.
Serves: 2 or 3
- ½ cup Bob's Red Mill steel-cut oats (they have a gluten-free one as well)
- 2 cups Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 2 teabags red tea Earl Grey
- (I used Republic of Tea Earl Greyer)
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 1 to 2 tablespoon(s) sweetener of your choice
- Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later.
- Add everything but sweetener.
- Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
- Stir your oatmeal well. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should become a more uniform consistency.
- Stir in sweetener.
**(See Page Link on Menu Bar to get to Slow Cooker Oatmeal FAQS)