It’s been so hot this week in Durham. I’ve been making smoothies and pouring my juices into a glass full of crushed ice. I keep running out of ice so I decided to make some Lavender London Fog Popsicles. If there wasn’t a such thing as a breakfast popsicle, there is now!
I used my “ice cream cone” popsicle mold for these. Since they are smaller I had enough mix left over for 2 large pops too. You can get about any size and shape you want on Amazon, but I’ve had great luck finding popsicle molds at Home Goods and TJ Maxx too.
The ones I used are great for kids because they have a well to catch all the drips. Of course, if you make these for your children you want to use decaf or herbal tea.
What’s a London Fog? It’s a hot Earl Grey tea with (nondairy) milk and vanilla syrup. Earl Grey is a black tea that’s flavored with bergamot and is my favorite hot tea.
I’m crazy for everything lavender and once I tried it in Earl Grey tea I was hooked. The lavender flavor melds with the bergamot and makes it even better.
I don’t usually do this, but I had to share this cute and kinda bizarre music video with you. It’s actually a fit because it’s a steampunk rap about tea by Professor Elemental. “When I say Earl Grey, you say yes please.”
- 2 cups nondairy unsweetened vanilla milk
- 1 teaspoon dried culinary lavender
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Earl Grey tea
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, use 1 teaspoon if you use plain nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup vegan sugar, or sweetener of choice, to taste
- Put the nondairy milk and lavender into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat until the milk starts to rise and almost comes to a boil.
- Take off the heat and stir in the tea, vanilla and sugar. Set a timer for 4 minutes. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- When the timer goes off, pour the mixture through a strainer into a bowl or large measuring cup with a pour spout.
- Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze at least 5 hours to overnight to make them hard enough to unmold. Will keep for at least a month.
Amount Per Serving Calories 84Saturated Fat 2gCholesterol 8mgSodium 35mgCarbohydrates 12gSugar 12gProtein 3g