Since this is pumpkin everything season I thought you’d like to try Joni and Celine’s vegan pumpkin spice ice cream recipe from their book The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions.
The book is full of great staple recipes and is a resource for new vegans. But the recipes are delicious and varied enough that even old school vegans will find new fun things to make too.
It’s vegan, creamy, and full of pumpkin spice ice cream goodness!
In case you don’t have access to some of the pre-made ingredients in the recipe I have a few links to DIY recipes for you:
- speculoos cookies or find a gluten-free version here
- pumpkin puree
- vegan cream cheese (but leave out the nutritional yeast for this recipe)
- vegan chocolate chips
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Recipe
- 12 Speculoos cookies , plus 4 more as add-in
- 3⁄4 cup Sucanat (or other vegan sugar)
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 8 ounces 227 g vegan cream cheese or thick vegan creamer
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Blend 12 cookies in food processor, until finely ground. Add remaining ingredients except the extra cookies and process until smooth.
- Chill for a few hours.
- Place mixture in ice-cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Stir in 4 extra cookies, broken into chunks, as add-ins during last 5 minutes of churning.
- Place back into the freezer for a firmer consistency, or enjoy right away