I’ve been sick for the past few days and that’s no fun at all. But at least having an Instant Pot can make it a little better. A girl still has to eat and Lentils and Rice with Rutabaga is a good one to make when you don’t have the energy to stand in front of the stove.
You can make this even less hands on by substituting onion powder and granulated garlic so you don’t even have to saute anything. Just dump in all the ingredients and about 1 teaspoon each of the onion powder and granulated garlic and cook on the pressure cooker setting.
The recipe is from my new book, The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook for Your Instant Pot. If you already have a copy of the book, please do me a favor and add a review for it on Amazon. It can even be one sentence, but it can make a huge difference in sales. Thank you!
- 1 tbsp 15 ml oil (or *dry sauté or add a little water/vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup 80 g chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
PRESSURE COOKER INGREDIENTS
- 3 1/2 cups 820 ml water
- 1 1/2 cups 278 g brown rice
- 1 cup 192 g brown lentils
- 1 cup 160 g peeled and diced rutabaga (or turnip or potato)
- 2 ", 5-cm sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp 2 g dried marjoram (or thyme)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the sauté, use the sauté setting over normal, or medium heat, and heat the oil or broth. Add the onion and sauté until transparent, 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and sauté a minute more.
- For the pressure cooker, add the water, brown rice, lentils, rutabaga, rosemary and marjoram to the onion mixture and stir to combine. Put the lid on and make sure that the vent is sealed. Cook on manual setting at high pressure and set for 23 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally. Season with salt and pepper before serving and add more marjoram and ground rosemary as needed.
Amount Per Serving Calories 484Saturated Fat 1gSodium 911mgCarbohydrates 91gFiber 10gSugar 4gProtein 18g