Please note that this post was sponsored by Eat Smart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
How Can a Salad Kit Help Me?
It can be hard to throw together a great weeknight meal. When you think of salad mixes or kits, you probably think of lettuce and not something to throw in a stir-fry.
I’m really into the new Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits because they are full of superfoods like kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chicory, and other veggies that are wonderful raw or cooked.
I used the Sweet Kale Salad Kit in this recipe. It fits into my autumn cravings since it contains broccoli stem strips, Brussels sprout slices, chopped kale, cabbage, and chicory.
Please note: the dressing is not vegan, but it’s also not used in this recipe. I just gave it to a non-vegan friend.
All the veggies you need are already cut up for you and are ready to go. That makes it easy to make a healthy meal at home any night of the week. Easy meal planning equals a happy family!
Don’t forget that you can use broccoli stems, broccoli slaw, or other coleslaw mixes in your cooking as a shortcut too. Either can be incorporated anywhere you want to add some extra veggies like appetizers, pasta dishes, side dishes or even make a cold or hot salad with it too.
Quick and Easy Tofu Superfood Stir-fry
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon organic cornstarch or tapioca starch
- 1 12 oz/340g bag of Sweet Kale Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit (the dressing is not used in this recipe)
- 1 batch crispy tofu see recipe below
- Mix all the sauce ingredients EXCEPT for the cornstarch or tapioca starch together.
- Open the salad mix and remove the inner packet. You will not be using the dressing so you discard it, but you will use the cranberry and pumpkin seed mixture.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot add all but ¼ cup of the sauce, the salad mix of kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and chicory, plus the cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Whisk the starch into the leftover ¼ cup sauce and pour into the pan once the veggies are soft. This will cause the sauce to thicken. Then toss in the tofu and coat with the sauce.
- Serve over steamed brown rice or cooked quinoa.
Try More Recipes
- Vegan Kale-Stem Creamy Sauce
- Slow Cooker Lentil Quinoa Taco Filling
- It’s Pumpkin Drink Time! Vegan Pumpkin Spice Frozen Coffee