Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by the J.M. Smucker company. All opinions and the yummy recipe are my own.
Today, I have a new and exciting coffee drink for you – a Middle Eastern Iced Coffee with Homemade Cardamom Vanilla Syrup. It’s inspired by a coffee on the menu at Cocoa and Cinnamon in my hometown, Durham, NC.
We’re going to make an easy syrup that’s infused with exotic cardamom and vanilla bean (recipe below near the bottom of this post). Then pour that sweet syrup into your homemade cold brew coffee with a splash of rosewater.
You’ll adjust the amount both the Homemade Cardamom Vanilla Syrup and rosewater to taste. If you don’t like it very sweet you can even double the amount of cardamom and vanilla when you make the syrup. That way you can get all the flavor with less syrup and sugar.
The most surprising part is that I don’t actually use nondairy milk or creamer in this one. But, of course, you can add it if you want to, it’s your coffee!
I love coffee flavor that’s bold, smooth and never bitter. That’s why I choose a delicious dark roast like Dunkin’ Dark® coffee. It’s so much cheaper to make your own cold brew coffee and ridiculously easy too.
Just put some ground coffee in your French Press fill with cold water and let sit 12 to 24 hours. You can get the directions here.
Dunkin’ Donuts® is dedicated to helping the Rainforest Alliance reach over 160,000 coffee farmers and to safeguarding the health of more than 2.3 million acres of land. For more information, visit Dunkin’ Donuts®.
You should be able to find Dunkin’ Dark® coffee in your local grocery store or you can get it at dunkinathome.com online.
Homemade Cardamom Vanilla Syrup
- 30 whole green cardamom pods
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean sliced in half or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients into a small saucepan. Turn the heat to high and stir until the sugar starts to dissolve, then lower the heat to medium.
- Keep cooking and stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool with the cardamom pods and vanilla still in the pot.
- Once cool, strain and store in the fridge.