Last week I gave you a list of recipes you can make when life seems too hard. Today, I’m posting my latest healthy recipe that you’re going to love. It’s made in your Instant Pot and is made of mostly black-eyed peas and long grain brown rice. Best of all it’s extremely easy to make.
There are some spices involved, but you can use your favorite Cajun spice blend in place of those to make it easier. I do use fresh onions which you can saute with or without oil. But if that’s more work than you can do on any given day use about 1 teaspoon onion powder in its place.
It’s getting to be bean season soon, so here are some other Instant Pot Bean recipes you might be interested in:
- Vegan Instant Pot Cranberry Bean, Millet and Bulgur Chili
- Vegan Instant Pot White Bean Soy Curl Chili
- Smoky Vegan Split Pea Soup with Sweet Potatoes and Navy Beans
- Vegan Instant Pot Teff Vegetable Soup
- Vegan Creamy Black-Eyed Peas